How old were you when you got your first Hermes?

1. First bracelet at 28 and soon realized that the bracelets aren't really my style. I prefer a clean look with my engagement ring and maybe one other classic piece, like my diamond stud earrings.

First bag at 28 with a Roulis. First Constance followed soon after.

First Birkin at 29. Happy to have started my H collection!!!

2. 30

3. 36. Started small with an Ulysse mm in rubis, Rivale double bracelet in noir with ghw, and a Calvi in mustard.

Two weeks later I went back and got the Constance belt in brushed gold buckle and black/gold belt, lindy 26 in etain with ghw, and two matching twillies.

4. My mom got me a gorgeous pink 90 x 90 silk scarf at my late teens, its a limited edition while H was doing a joint fund raise with local philanthropy organization, but i was too young to pull it off, so it sat in drawer for 10+ years

Then I got myself a herbag 31 last year at age 31, then slg then jige and roulis 18... wish I could've started earlier and saved money from all those Celine, BV, Balenciaga, Chloe bags, and while B/K is not that hard to get! Really hope to get my first B/K this year

lulilu and obsessedwhermes like this.
  5. I'm so with you... so much money wasted on other bags and brands... hindsight is always 20/20.

6. I was 22 and it was a birkin. A gift from my mother. I can't remember if I bought any other H items before that. Probably a non-leather bag similar to the garden party but with a flap, I still have it but rarely ever use it. Just can't remember if I got it before receiving the birkin or after. It was a long time ago...

lulilu, obsessedwhermes and dotty8 like this.
  7. 46. Built up the courage to enter an Hermes boutique. Bought myself an Etoupe Evelyne. Now I'm trying to make up for lost time.

8. I got my first Hermes item- a Bolide bag in May 2016. I was 39. Then it was a slippery road from there. I got scarfs, bracelets, shoes, small leather accessories, and 2 other H bags between June to October and received my first birkin in October for my birthday.

9. 17. I still have it now!
    I had a Rouge Vif GHW Retourne Epsom K32 that was stamp the same year as my birth year, even more so meaningful!

lulilu likes this.
  10. #550 Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    I just turned 57, Blue Jean Birkin 35 Chèvre de Coromandel. A gift from my late father.......used part of his legacy. Birkins and Kellys have been on my radar since I was 20.

zemilla, Visss, lulilu and 4 others like this.
    Visss likes this.
  12. First H item was Oct 2015, a belt kit for my 31st birthday. A year later, Oct 2016 I had to reject the first birkin offered to me (35 Clemence Rouge tomate) as it was too big but that day I purchased my first twilly (dans un jardin anglais). Two months later, Dec 2016, I got my first birkin B30 Capucine. Planning on expanding my collection with CDC, shoes and scarves this year. To be continued... :blush::blush:

kathydep and PurseOnFleek like this.
  13. Just discovered this thread browsing the unread my first Hermes was a pair of twillys at age 27 and soon after a vintage Kelly 32 - since sold (Some small items bought or gifted inbetween) At age 28 i got my first Birkin 30 noir togo as a push present/"left my job to be a full-time Mum and at home business owner" it was milestone present that i will love forever. Adding a new Kelly soon

14. I understand that i only just recently built up the courage to enter a boutique myself. So far it seems to be going ok!
    Have you tried the oran sandals? I just got a black pair and love them. Broke them in with only one day of wearing around the house. Some of the scarves from ss17 are really nice too !

Rosy's Luxury Closet likes this.
  15. I'm eyeing the oran and the Legend sandals indeed! Loved the quicker sneakers but I already have too many sneakers. How is the Hermes shoe fit? I'm size 39-39,5 european with rather wide feet. Saw a Malachite Oran on the site but don't know if the size is TTS.

PurseOnFleek likes this.