How old were you when you got your first Cartier piece?

What an interesting thread! I was 33 when I bought my thin love. I had dealt with post partum depression, and after maternity leave worked for a company where I was very badly discriminated. Ended up needing a ton of therapy. The following year I got an unexpected tax rebate from working there and thought…I’m going to turn sh*t into gold (pardon the expression)! And it worked! Next my darling hubby bought me a tank must for our anniversary and then a trinity ring for Xmas ( he wanted to treat me as I just found out I was pregnant and shockingly sick!). Finally, I just had our second baby and I was treated to a regular love to stack. I feel very blessed and love the meaning attached to all my pieces!
Jewelry is nice regardless, but it’s even more wonderful when it’s attached to a meaningful memory. :smile: I love your expression too, makes total sense to me!!! Congrats on your pieces and wear them in good health!!

What an interesting thread! I was 33 when I bought my thin love. I had dealt with post partum depression, and after maternity leave worked for a company where I was very badly discriminated. Ended up needing a ton of therapy. The following year I got an unexpected tax rebate from working there and thought…I’m going to turn sh*t into gold (pardon the expression)! And it worked! Next my darling hubby bought me a tank must for our anniversary and then a trinity ring for Xmas ( he wanted to treat me as I just found out I was pregnant and shockingly sick!). Finally, I just had our second baby and I was treated to a regular love to stack. I feel very blessed and love the meaning attached to all my pieces!
I love this story. That's wonderful!

Reactions: Cristinka
Jewelry is nice regardless, but it’s even more wonderful when it’s attached to a meaningful memory. :smile: I love your expression too, makes total sense to me!!! Congrats on your pieces and wear them in good health!!
Thanks! I feel blessed to own nice jewelry but mostly it makes me happy to see how circumstances can change and that maybe nice things can come of bad experiences!

Reactions: cartier and etudes
Love this thread! Tank in stainless at 33 (though I wish I'd picked the Roadster instead, but oh well!) as an upgrade from a well-loved Tag (which was a 21st birthday present). Love in YG at 37 to celebrate a professional achievement. Small Trinity ring at 42 as a treat to me from me. (Also my wedding band - 1895 in platinum - at 39.)