How old were you when you got your first Cartier piece?

I was 40. It was when Hubbs and I got engaged. In place of the traditional engagement ring I opted for a Love set (WG engagement wedding band, WG eight diamond band and the small WG Love bracelet). I got him a Love wedding band. This was definitely a day to be remembered seeing we flew to France and made our purchases at the Place Vendome in Paris. What a fabulous experience!!!!

Funny addendum to my post—I got my first faux Cartier at 9 or 10. Someone gave my mom a knockoff watch, and she doesn’t do cheap imitations. (Plus she had a nice Gucci watch at that time.)

She wound up giving me that faux Cartier watch, and I actually wore it for many years at that tender age. I didn’t know what Cartier was, really, but I assumed it had to be fancy. LOL!!

20 in college. I bought my tri-gold trinity cord on Fashionphile. It was at a great price and came with box and authenticity card etc. I figured that even if it was fake (which I found out it’s not/ who would fake such a small value item from Cartier), it’s such a small piece and could tossed if faked.

My first in store “real” purchase was at 22 at the Paris airport (last summer going to see distant family for first time since covid) and got the small Love wedding band in WG. Since then, have been too much on a Cartier kick especially in the last few months but living in NYC, going to the boutique to try on sizes is so much easier than guessing.

• Love
Reactions: sunshineshiney
20 in college. I bought my tri-gold trinity cord on Fashionphile. It was at a great price and came with box and authenticity card etc. I figured that even if it was fake (which I found out it’s not/ who would fake such a small value item from Cartier), it’s such a small piece and could tossed if faked.

My first in store “real” purchase was at 22 at the Paris airport (last summer going to see distant family for first time since covid) and got the small Love wedding band in WG. Since then, have been too much on a Cartier kick especially in the last few months but living in NYC, going to the boutique to try on sizes is so much easier than guessing.
Same with me. All it took was for me to get that Love bangle and I was hooked thereafter. I would say 90% of my jewelry is Cartier today.