How Old is too Old??

I thought this thread was going to be about old bags not age :biggrin:.

I'm in my early 50's and carry any handbag that appeals to me. Never thought about it in terms of age. Green, Pink, purple, orange, etc...... Just Not Barbie Doll Pink but I wouldn't carry that color even if I was 20.......

Death

But then.................... why couldn't we take them with us?

Gee...this has me thinking. I'm picking my outfit right now.

Black.
Something sheer over something severe.
An impeccably tailored white shirt but not too masculine. Dior?
No, no shirt. A scoop neck Prada blouse.
Demeuleemester trousers because she can do a trouser and make it seem as cool as a pair of old jeans.
Tons of gold and silver. AND who cares if it doesn't match?

You're dead :tup:

:tup::tup::tup:

Wow! I'm so happy I stumbled onto this thread! At times I feel like I am 33 and probably shouldn't carry a city bag anymore since it's a little hippie-ish. But, I won't be feeling like that anymore. I love love love Bal and I have 3 (brief/city/work). I carry my city on the weekends when I'm out and about in casual clothes. The other I carry to work (I'm an attorney in a biz casual office environment). Bal bags are definitely more unique than your run of the mill LVs I think.

This is Daphne Guinness. She is just practicing.
Funny lady ;), I love her (and yours) sense of humor :tup:, great way to face the inevitable.
Back to the topic - I only discovered Balenciaga bags by my 50s and I am having so much fun now, hunting down all the beautiful colors and wrinkled leathers that I missed out on. I carry youthful Day bags in bright colors with giant hardware to work and feel totally comfortable with that.

Age is not thought of like it used to be - I remember back in my Moms time when as soon as you turned 50 time for support hose, little old lady curly perm, and sensible shoes - as you can tell - these days its anything goes -
I am pushing 50 and look great - I could not afford a Bal when I was younger and now I can have fun - 50 is still vital, alive and sexy -

Heck no, you are never too old (or too young for that matter)! If it's a style and color you love, then rock that thing 'til you are 102 and up! The world is filled with too many boring bags! I know I will be carrying Balenciaga bags forever and ever -- and I'm almost 40.