How old is too old for Poppy magenta bag?

^All caps is pretty loud...:P
So which style of joy boston? I'm guessing coated canvas one with tattoo? :smile:

back to topic: I checked out this line and I'm not thrilled - I don't see an age limit but the style itself does seem to market towards a certain demographic, like the teenager or young college crowd. Regardless if someone can rock those bags at 60 years old, then she/he should do so...

About Gucci: Yes it is, I changed my Avatar to the Joy Boston bag I ordered.

Back to topic: Yeah, but the whole concept of just investing in 1 patent leather designer bag for my collection has been lost on me now that I've been bitten by the high-fashion bug; if I can score a real Gucci for $299, then no telling what other bargains are out there & I will surely invest in a nice, patent leather Coach later on, if I to pay a lil' more then thats fine. I do love that magenta color & if I still want to pull that bag outta my closet when I'm 70, so be it, like others have said, I should'nt care so much about what others think (esp. people who don't even know me & therefore don't really matter) besides that color magenta is so pretty & the silouette is so classic that all u have to do to "mature the bag" is to take the plastic glitter tag off (leaving the patent leather Coach tag of course)! ;) Honestly, I had planned on getting just Coach bags (low-mid price range) because, I thought I could never afford anything like Gucci or Prada (& I just can't save for a real pricey bag right now because I'm trying to save for my Pink Diamond solitaire which I'll take over a purse anyday) but, when I saw this cute tattoo bag for $300 (my 1st Coach cost more than that) I practically fell down 3 times to order it! I will however, keep coming back for Coach, they're addictive!

Last edited:
i would not worry about age at all. if you like a bag , carry it. if you are comfortable with a bag and you enjoy carrying it and looking at it, that will show and you will look great with it. if the bag makes you happy , that is all it takes to look good with it in my opinion. by the way, if you decide to take pics, would love to see them as i have been thinking about this bag too! good luck!

i would not worry about age at all. if you like a bag , carry it. if you are comfortable with a bag and you enjoy carrying it and looking at it, that will show and you will look great with it. if the bag makes you happy , that is all it takes to look good with it in my opinion. by the way, if you decide to take pics, would love to see them as i have been thinking about this bag too! good luck!

Which bag the Coach Patent Groovy or the Gucci Joy Boston? I decided to wait on the Groovy & sadly, will probably miss out on the free Coach Poppy Signature Journal & pencil set. :sad: I passed on that order this month because for a lil' bit more, I can own my 1st Gucci (the small Joy Boston) on sale at Gucci.com for $299 down from $595! :tup:

Which bag the Coach Patent Groovy or the Gucci Joy Boston? I decided to wait on the Groovy & sadly, will probably miss out on the free Coach Poppy Signature Journal & pencil set. :sad: I passed on that order this month because for a lil' bit more, I can own my 1st Gucci (the small Joy Boston) on sale at Gucci.com for $299 down from $595! :tup:

I CHANGED MY MID ONCE AGAIN: My small boston is going back for refund! It only holds 2 things, for the money I'm getting a bigger bag!!!! Maybe I'll try Coach Poppy line now, wait & get larger Gucci or put the money for my pink diamond. Oh who am I kidding, I'll probally get a bigger bag, if I was gonna' spend $300 on small boston, I can easily use that money plus or minus some to buy another purse. I feel like Goldie Locks, this bag is too small, this ones too big, I'm searching for my just right!

Last edited: