How old is too old for Balenciaga Bags?

LouiseyPeasey said:
I'm in my 40's and I completely agree with loren, it's not about what other people think at all. I do tend to tone down the tassels a little bit, just because that's more "me" (and also, I'm a klutz), but - honestly, if anyone saw me on the street with a Chanel or Hermes, they'd bust out laughing. There's a whole look and personal style that goes along with bags that has nothing to do with age, really.

^^By "tone down" do you mean trim?

I'm glad to know there are so many other ladies in my age box that love their b-bags. I guess I sort of panicked. The majority of photo's of b-bag owners (in celeb forum) are the Nicole Ritchies, Hilton sisters of-the-world demographic. I am NO where near that age, i'm closer to 40 than 30 and I want to use my b-bags for a lllooonnggg time. I just haven't found another bag line that I love as much. (and i've tried a LOT of them!)

i'm in my 40's and love my classic b-bag. Like a lot of the ladies said it is a personal style and if you love the look why not? I sometime carry mine with dress pants as well as jeans. I do sometimes think about age appropriate-ness, but i keep the rest of my look quite streamlined - a bag is the finishing touch to an outfit and only if you love it will you carry it! Don't worry and just enjoy the bags!

kaban said:
i'm in my 40's and love my classic b-bag. Like a lot of the ladies said it is a personal style and if you love the look why not? I sometime carry mine with dress pants as well as jeans. I do sometimes think about age appropriate-ness, but i keep the rest of my look quite streamlined - a bag is the finishing touch to an outfit and only if you love it will you carry it! Don't worry and just enjoy the bags!

^^Thanks kaban - I see what you're saying and totally agree.
:flowers:

^^No I love the tassels (although sometimes I take them off my le dix for an evening on the town) - it was just something silly I was pondering.... like "can I still work this when i'm 65?"

YES YOU CAN :P
with the right casual hippie-ish kind of dress, it works whatever age you are. what i love about this bag is that we choose this bag because of OUR personality, the way we dress. honestly, i never found any clothes in my wardrobe that didn't fit my b-bags.
unlike certain bag like LV where sometimes i feel i need to dress up to wear the bag in the right way.
b-bags ROCKS! "yahoo:

seahorseinstripes said:
YES YOU CAN :P
with the right casual hippie-ish kind of dress, it works whatever age you are. what i love about this bag is that we choose this bag because of OUR personality, the way we dress. honestly, i never found any clothes in my wardrobe that didn't fit my b-bags.
b-bags ROCKS! "yahoo:

Totally agree with seahorse..... ! I'm 50 (omg) and I'll wear and love my bbags for ever ! Me too - i never found any clothes in my wardrobe that didn't fit my bbags :tender: ! Before Balenciaga I've had lot of others, like LV, Gucci, Parada, Hermès aso. - but in the meantime I sold all these for buying colorful bbags, which I'm changing each day matching to my clothes ;) :yes: That's lot of FUN and I feel sooooo good :tender: :love:

I like bbags on all sorts of people- let's try to get the brand beyond the silly little girl celebs that made bbags a phenomenon... I think bbags look fabulous on all sorts of people, older, younger, classic, hippie, rocker, grannies, even with little girls sleeping inside. ;)

I'm 23, a kooky artist with bright red highlights (right now) and a liking for black nailpolish and funny colored high heels.... and I plan to wear bbags for as far forward as I can imagine. My mom (52 and still a beach bunny) loves my bbags... and if I can ever afford it, I'd love to buy her one, because damnit I know she can pull it off and would appreciate it.

I completely agree with most of the girls here.
I don't think there is an "Age Limit" for B-bags !!!
For me this bag is a classique (as certain models of Chanel, Hermes or LV)

And there are so many different ways to wear them : I mean the outfit+B-bag can give so many different styles !!!!
I really don't think age counts for B-bag !!!
But passion does:love: :love: !!!

I'm in my 50s and I admit that I did worry about this same issue initially, but the reality is that I'm just not a highly tailored person in terms of personal style and Hermes bags just wouldn't work for me. I'm in academia and the arts and my style has always been sort of boho/funky, so the b'bags work really nicely for me. I wouldn't touch the tassels--go boho!!!

I'm 36 and I rock all my B-bags. I felt *AWESOME* last week when I dropped off my son at school and the 20something-ish teachers commented on my great style and handbags.

My mom is 59 and she carries my cast off Chloe Silverado. For her 60th b-day I was thinking of getting her a Chanel, but I think she would appreciate a Black City instead!! :jammin:

So don't worry BEAUX...as haute as you are, you will never be too old for B-bags. :love:

I am 34 and have also been thinking the same. I even bought a few Chanel bags, thinking that they were more age appropriate. I could not be more wrong! I love my b-bags; they are just so comfy. I am a stay-at-home mom so I wear a lot of jeans, capris, etc. I find myself gravitating towards my b-bags more than LV, Coach, Chanel, etc. It is a fun look and I will wear them as long as they make them!