How old is this bag?

LH....I can't believe it. Mine too says either a "10" or a "01". It's my toile/Box combo and the Boyz said it was from the late '40's. Oh, if you have a pic of your vintage beauty could you post it??? I LOVE to see these babies!!!!

OH Yes! KB is completely right! If you find yourself in the posession of a magnificent vintage Hermes bag, you are truly lucky. I really believe that. It's a treasure!

Heather....I really think you should try to find at least one vintage bag if you can. Wait for LZ to have one....they get them from time to time....and you can count on Pete's assessment of it's condition too. If he say's it's in excellent condition, then you can bet that it is. I have no doubt that Croc, when she arrives, will be in the exact condition Pete described to me and worth the money....every last dime! An orange souple Kelly will come to you....but while you're waiting, if a vintage gal should happen to cross your path first? I'd jump on it.....and I don't mean to be enabling here. I'm just passionate about those old gals.....

Donna, :flowers: I love your enabling! :lol: Seriously, I appreciate all the good advice you have given me and I am thinking that I would love for my first Kelly to have that history. After seeing your vintage gal from LZ I am definitely going to keep watching their site for the perfect one for me. :yes: I just love to think about who might have carried the Kelly and where she has been. :love:

Hi shopmom...WOW I can't believe your Kelly has those numbers too!
The late 40's! Does that mean they were the first ones made?
I updated this thread and then went to bed thinking "oh nobody knows" and am so glad I read your post and everyone elses! I talked to the boyz last week and told them about my Kelly and they said they did not know the year, but Pierre in NYC (when I got it refurbished) said it was one of the first ones made. Mine is crocodile and has a metal/gold lock instead of the crocodile. I will take pics with my throw away Kodak and post as soon as I get them back.
Would you have a pic of your strap?

WOAH!!!! LH.....I just took my vintage toile/box combo out of it's sleeper to check the straps and WOW was I wrong!!!!! Mine has an "E" and a "Z" no numbers....the numbers "1" and "0" are on the strap of the CROC I don't have yet. I have the pics though and I can make out those numbers pretty clearly. So....I wonder if both our Croc bags are from the same year???? Is that possible???? My Croc has no zipper inside, just a long pocket on one side and the double pocket on the opposite side and a Croc covered lock w/steel loop. One of the features of a '50's bag is that one long pocket not having a zipper inside. Does your bag have that interior pocket with or without the zipper?

Isn't this fun, trying to date these things????? I'm going to check my Toile combo again....

Hi shopmom!! This is sooo exciting...I can't sleep...it's 2:50AM!
Our croc bags are probably from the same year, but I don't know which year? Yes, mine has the same pockets inside as your croc does. BTW, where is your croc? Hope you get it before you leave for LV. Mine has a metal lock and I asked LZ about it and they think that the lock was changed, not original...so I'm upset about that!
I'm wondering about what year your toile/box is. Fun!!

LH....my croc will arrive when I get back from Las Vegas next week! Really, really can't wait..... So....if your Croc has the same interior as mine and the same numbers on the strap then I think maybe they are both from the '50's? And then when I calculate the letters on the strap of my combo (an "E" and a "Z") along with the fact that there IS a zipper inside the bag then this dates bag to 1962!!!!! I used the "Z" to date it since the "E" would be 1942 and since the bag has the zipper I'm thinking it can't be earlier than the bags of the '50's that had NO zippers inside. Yikes!!!!

OMG!!!! How fun!.....it's nice to know the age of these bags....

Oh my...I wish I knew the year! I think it's before 1945 because it has numbers and not letters. I don't even know when the Kelly was first made in croc. Interesting! How cool that your toile Kelly is from the 60's! I'd love one from that time period...so many memories...
What I will do is take pics and post them here and send to LZ so you and they can get a better idea.
So excited for you to receive your croc Kelly...excellent choice!