How old is this bag?

1. I own a bag marked with a "C" without any geometric figure. If J is 2006, how old could my bag be?

I think it is from 1947, but I can hardly believe it! I woud then own a piece of vintage hermes that is almost 60 years old? What do you think?

2. I've checked in the sticky "Informative catalog" and in post #86( I think) it says that from 1945 to 1970 there were letters without geometric symbols, then from 1970 to 1996 letters in a circle, and from 1997 onward letters in a square. So, if this is correct, yours should be from 1947 as you said!..:flowers:

3. I can't believe it! :shocked:

4. I have to agree...that is quite unbelievable, but true. TReasure it even more!

5. Mmmmmmmmmmm! I'm jealous! I actually love the vintage pieces more than the newer ones. Some people say the leather was better from that period, since the cows had a better diet, and I'm inclined to agree. Whenever I see a vintage Hermes I imagine someone like Grace Kelly or Audrey Hepburn carrying that bag. I also wonder about the fabulous people and places that bag has seen.

6. Hermes pieces have such longevity - true heirlooms! Treasure this one!

7. I LOVE vintage bags! You are really lucky to own such a wonderful piece of history.....can you post pics? I'd LOVE to see it!

8. Wow, what a treasure! :love: Please post pictures, I'd love to see it as well!!! :yes::flowers:

9. Me, too...I'd love, love, love to see it!

10. Wow. I would love to see it too...is it the pic in your avatar? and how did you get such a lovely piece, if you don't mind me asking :smile:

11. ^ Gorgeous piece!

12. I got it from an Australian Lady on eBay a few years ago and yes, it is my avatar! As a result of its 60-year-old patina, the box leather is very shiny (not like patent latent, though). :love:

Though I took it to a few weddings, I usually carry this bag for informal occasion. I'll wear wool trousers, a turtle neck and ballet flats and the bag makes the outfit!

13. Sounds wonderful!! Would love to see the bag on you. What size is it?

14. I wear my vintage the same way!! Your Kelly has such a nice patina.
    My Kelly has the number 10 on the strap...no letter so I'm wondering if somebody knows the year it was made.

15. It could be a number 10 or 01...does anybody know? Thanks!:rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice