How old did you / would you want to get married?

If I had my way about it, I'd get married tomorrow. (Been with my BF almost 2 years now).

But, I'm only 23. I can see it happening when I am 25, when BF has finally paid off a couple of things he is working to pay off right now, and when I have found a new job that I like better!

By the time I get married, this October 27, 2007, I will be 24 and my husband will be 25. My parents both go married when they were 19, but it worked for them, they're going on 30+yrs!!!!!

I always thought I'd be married by the time I graduated from college. If I had done that I would have been 23 or 24. It wouldn't have worked out for me though for various reasons.

I got married last year and I was 28, almost 29. My dh is younger than me though, but that works ok!!! :love:

My mom got married when she was 15.. yes she's still w/ my dad

I'm 20 an engaged, but I'm not getting married anytime soon.. I want to wait until I'm a little older

CONGRATS! I bet you can't wait until your wedding!

I admit, in my earlier 30s when I wondered "what's wrong with me" for being single in my 30s. Now I am SO over it and loving life I can't even tell you.

I felt like that too, but much earlier. In my 20s I thought there was something wrong with me and why couldn't I just find a man. Then I realized I don't need a man to make me happy and that most of them are more trouble then they are worth anyway.

I got married when I was 20 & my husband was 28. We had bee ntogether for 4 years.

I never wanted to get married & always said I wouldn't but what can I say, we were in Vegas, I had a big win, we got celebrating with Champagne, next thing I know we wake up married. :biggrin:

I wouldn't have done it any other way :biggrin:

We celebrated out 10th wedding anniversary in September (We got married Friday 13th! ahaha!) & are due our first baby in June (again, something else I swore I'd never do, but hey, we were celebrating 10 years in NY &... well, thats another story!)

I think 30 is a good age to start thinking about having a family.. So I can see myself getting married and having kids somewhere between 30 and 35, but then again, that might change at any time and when it happens, it happens :smile:

I am turning 24 in a few months...DB and I have been together since we were both 16!! :nuts: So...7.5 years later, we have both graduated college and have great jobs, all debts paid off...basically we're ready to tie the knot next year when we're 25!! :nuts: I can't imagine waiting any longer - I love the man and can't wait to start a life and family together! :heart: :blush:

IMO, there is no "right AGE", just right PERSON...you can meet them when you're 16 or when you're 50...that's what destiny is all about! :yes:

i never wanted to get married....then i met my husband. we were engaged at 19 and married at 20.

most people in their early to mid twenties are waaaay too young (and maybe i was too) but that was three years ago and i wouldn't change a second of it. i figure if you have to grow up, why not do it together? i'm still WAY too young for kids though. :smile: