How old can you be and still carry off the mini?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
    Hi. Perhaps I should have said more mature ;) Anyway I would like to know that as I grow older, is there a certain time when the mini looks two cutesy or not appropriate? I saw a mini and a "micromini". The mini(which may be the small) looks like it could hold an epipen (about 7 - 8") at an angle and a phone, the micromini was too small. I am on the waitlist for the blue valentine but I did really like the mini as it seemed more in proportion to my size (4' 11") than the E-W. I have an older beige/pink E-W and when I recently purchased the medium 2.55, I noticed that the 2.55 made me look a little taller.

Oh. I just remembered that mini does not come in blue, and I don't remember if it comes in pink or not.

2. I don't really think it is an age thing but honestly a proportion thing. I think they tend to look odd on someone who is tall and of average build just because it looks out of proportion. I honestly think barbie pinks and the old valentine heart chain look more "cutesy" than something that is just small.

3. IMHO, any age is appropriate with a mini. I don't think that it would matter to some people, go for whatever you like... :smile:

4. I have the mini in pink, its a fab bag and I am ahem, late thirties.

A close friend of mine is almost fifty, and has the black mini in lamb. It looks amazing on her too :smile: Its a classic flap, not really dictated by age at all

5. I think the mini looks great on everyone! I don't think it looks cutesy, I think it brings a sense of whimsy to any outfit (if thats the right word...)

6. I'm mid-40s and use my assortment of mini all the time when I go out! I've every intention of carrying them well into old age!! Granted, I wear them on my shoulder, not messenger style, bc shoulder style is more timeless to me.

7. I think the mini is timeless. Really any age can pull it off.

8. I agree. Not saying the valentine or pink bags can't look great on someone "older" than teens/20s, because it can look great. But it does for sure look more "cutesy" than just a small bag. But i think the best mini's are the black mini flap, because it's so versatile and good for every age.

I honestly would not worry about it too much though. I've seen a woman in her 70's with the old pink valentine flap at a wedding and she looked really nice with it.

9. What are the dimensions of the mini and also the small?

If the handbag is 5" x 7", using the pythagorean theorem, the hypotenuse should be 8.6 inches. Which should fit an epipen (by it's side). Anyone have a mini or small flap bag who also carries an epipen? I forgot to bring mine when I went to the S/S trunk show, so I couldn't test it out in real life.

10. i feel that any ages can wear mini flap very well :smile: