How old are your Neverfull DE's? Pics?

stonie

Dec 2, 2011
Hello! I'm thinking of getting a NF in DE and was wondering how they're holding up for people now that the design is a few years old. I was even thinking buying preloved if I could find a non-cracking one since it would already be time tested.
How are your handles specifically? Any pics of oldies would be helpful.
Thanks everyone!! I'm intrigued to see what people post :smile:

my DE MM old model is fairly new: made this year in feb, purchased in march.

So far no issues with cracking on the handles, but the pipping I'd say is real delicate. IDK, how this happened but I'm super upset at myself. Repair cost is $200, maybe when and if it gets worst I'll take her in.

Attachments

• 20140822_191937_resized.jpg
    20140822_191937_resized.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 466
my DE MM old model is fairly new: made this year in feb, purchased in march.

So far no issues with cracking on the handles, but the pipping I'd say is real delicate. IDK, how this happened but I'm super upset at myself. Repair cost is $200, maybe when and if it gets worst I'll take her in.
That happened to my neverfull DE mm as well. Is yours made in US.? I sold my neverfull ( made in us 2011 hoping it was a defect and bought one made in Spain 2013. So far so good. I wonder if there are defects with certain years or if it's just bad luck :shrugs:

Mine's :tdown: too.

The straps creases within a few hours use, split apart in less than a month. The piping also starts to flake off within a few weeks. Not sure if this is because I do not baby my bags though.

But it is a very versatile bag and is especially great for travelling, which is why am considering a pre loved one soon.

You know with these bags it sounds like it's the luck of the draw! I have seen some have issues and some not - crazy! And it does not matter where it's made either. I am really sorry for those of you who have had problems. Truthfully my SA steered me clear from purchasing this bag - all she said was there are to many problems. Sorry again ladies because it is a wonderful bag.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Like the OP, I've always wanted this bag but hesitate because of the quality issues. If I spent over $1,200 now for the NM and it started cracking or peeling I would go nuts!! I can't believe that they would go to all the trouble of releasing a new model of this bag without correcting these problems. It doesn't speak well for the company...I'm sure their customers would have appreciated keeping the same lining, script and even foregoing the added pouch if the quality of the treated leather was better. Makes me wonder sometimes...