How often do you "swap" bags?

GemmaLouise

Aug 25, 2009
Morning ladies! :biggrin:

This is just something that has popped into my mind as my OH laughed at me when he asked what bag I was taking with me as we go out for lunch today. I answered Black Roxy of course, to which he pointed out I've not used another bag since I purchased it!

As I thought about it I realised that I do use the same bag for a week or two then alternate. Apart from if I'm on a night or someting when I would pick a clutch or smaller bag.

So, are you the same as me ladies and even with the wonderful invention of a bag organiser, you still don't change your everyday bag that often?

I change my bag everyday, sometimes twice a day (if going out in evening). I like to match the style of bag to my outfit, weather and of course my mood!

I have everything I carry in little purse/pouches, so effortless to change bags.

I change every day too - unless I'm in the office on 2 consecutive days which is rare. I tend to choose the bag first and then the outfit.

I used to use my bag for the whole season. Until I became a member of Purse Forum that is :smile: Now, change my bag about every 2 weeks give or take.

The ladies on here have given me the inspiration to swap my bags as I have very nice ones now and they are doing me no good sitting in my closet :smile:

However, when my friends see me they say "another new bag" and I just say I swap a bunch now and they think I am nuts. Actually, I was with 2 of them last night and they were really on my case about it and said that "I need help". Ha, it is they who needs the help as they don't rotate enough and let their bags gather dust :smile:

Am I being too mean here?? If I am, I am sorry :smile:

I didn't really swap bags, I tend to carry my most recent purchase until I buy a new bag (my green goatskin bays was used almost every day for over six months).

However now I seem to be buying more Mulberry I am having to swap things around to get use out of them! I am mainly using OS Oak Alexa, with the black A4 Roxy tote as a backup rain bag (so it is getting used a lot at the moment!). Now I have to figure in when to use my ink splodge bays too!

I carry large black Mabel with me to work every day but I swap my bags every weekend and during the week if I go out in the evening. Wanted to bring Roxy out this weekend but dont think I will be able to due to the rain :sad:

thought ive answered this a couple times, but oh well... i usually switch up everyday..

Morning ladies! :biggrin:

This is just something that has popped into my mind as my OH laughed at me when he asked what bag I was taking with me as we go out for lunch today. I answered Black Roxy of course, to which he pointed out I've not used another bag since I purchased it!

As I thought about it I realised that I do use the same bag for a week or two then alternate. Apart from if I'm on a night or someting when I would pick a clutch or smaller bag.

So, are you the same as me ladies and even with the wonderful invention of a bag organiser, you still don't change your everyday bag that often?