How often do you stop to think how lucky you are?

Oct 17, 2012
I find I do this all the time. I look at my lovely things, which are really of very little importance, and think how very blessed I am to have them. To be in a position to appreciate and enjoy them.

Anyway, just a positive thought for today! :smile:

That's a wonderful thought SnowBlossom :hugs:

I am very thankful for my little lot too, not just for the means to buy them but also for the talented crafts people, designers and leather factory workers, each and everyone who has time and effort spent to create such beautiful and functional items that with due care and attention should last a lifetime.

Sometimes we get too focused on what we want next, and never fully appreciating the here and now and for all the thing we have already, so thank you again for reminding us all.

I nearly died a couple of years ago, so every day I think about how lucky I am to be alive, in good health, with a fantastic job with the best family and friends. But my handbag collection highly accelerates the joy!!!

I don't. I feel that I am the master of my own fate, no luck or blessedness to be found. I feel that I have worked hard for the bags I have and appreciate them much more because I know what I had to do to get them.

:heart:

I used to, all the time. The last decade, there's been a number of challenges that I've had to meet head on...I didn't wish for them so I don't feel lucky at all.

My handbags are sort of a compensation to me, I guess for those other things that are out of my control.

But I do feel lucky to have people in my life, especially my children.

Rainrowan you have been tested in life and have come out shining the other side with the wonderful gift of eternal love from your beautiful children. You deserve every bag you could ever want!

What responses?! Wow! I didn't take the question to be....how often are you thankful for your nice handbags?!!!! How about thankful and greatful you have your health, job..house....people who love you....food.....free country........ life isn't about how hard you worked to go buy some purse!!!!! SMH!

What responses?! Wow! I didn't take the question to be....how often are you thankful for your nice handbags?!!!! How about thankful and greatful you have your health, job..house....people who love you....food.....free country........ life isn't about how hard you worked to go buy some purse!!!!! SMH!

Yeah, I thought that was kind of funny too. And even if you do work hard for what you have there is at least a certain amount of good fortune involved. Just being born into a good family being one that not everyone gets. Or having good health, or not being born a starving child in a third world nation during a famine. There are some things we get that we didn't work for and don't deserve any more than anyone else.

I find I do this all the time. I look at my lovely things, which are really of very little importance, and think how very blessed I am to have them. To be in a position to appreciate and enjoy them.

Anyway, just a positive thought for today! :smile:

Me too. It's the little things that make life awesome. I appreciate it all. :biggrin:

Yeah, I thought that was kind of funny too. And even if you do work hard for what you have there is at least a certain amount of good fortune involved. Just being born into a good family being one that not everyone gets. Or having good health, or not being born a starving child in a third world nation during a famine. There are some things we get that we didn't work for and don't deserve any more than anyone else.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!

Great thread! Life has been sprialing out of control for me lately but through it all, there is not a day that goes by that I am not grateful. I embrace life and appreciate it and yes, I am very fortunate to have what I have. Life is good!