How often do you stop to think how lucky you are?

I don't disagree with you. Maybe I wasn't clear in my previous post. Any marriage/relationship needs work. Some are harder than others. I still think to marry/have a relationship with a wealth guy has got a lot to do with luck in the first place. But all need work to make it flourish or even just to sustain it. One of my SO's business associate is very very wealthy, I am talking about £1/4 billion (£250 million+) worth here. His last marriage just failed miserably. All his ex wanted to do was to shop and shop and totally ignored him.

Yep. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Poor guy...
We're not rich or even what most people would consider wealthy. Still sometimes I get this attitude from people like I don't deserve the things I have because I'm not getting a steady paycheck.
And the funny thing is that when I did work, I worked hard, but I rarely had enough money to buy anything luxurious. I was "lucky" to be able to pay my rent and buy food. I remember buying a Fossil bag for just over $100 and I felt so crazy/wild for spending so much on a bag. And it was my husband (we weren't married yet, just dating) that encouraged me to go ahead and buy it after I told him how much I loved it and admitted to "visiting" it regularly at the mall. Ha! Those were the days. Still wont spend much more than that on a bag even now.

Thank God for eBay and pre-loved!!!

Thankful and blessed everyday. I am completely happy with everything going on in my life and I could not ask for more. I am a lucky gal. Good thread because sometimes we take it for granted how good life is.

i consider myself extremely lucky. i had an older friend that recently passed away and left me a considerable amount of his estate. i know i am very lucky and fortunate to have done close to nothing and have someone be so generous to me. i'm grateful for everything i own and make sure to give back to the community!

I am very thankful everyday for what I am blessed with~ I am a pretty lucky girl who is blessed with a lot to be thankful for!:heart:
Ashamedly tho~ I wasn't always like this..for a long time I was a gross spoiled brat!:yucky: Thankfully I now realize that what I had once placed great value on as to what constitutes one being blessed in life is not what being blessed truly is..I am embarrassed & ashamed about that! But now I am thankful that I have learned what being greatly blessed in life truly is!!:cloud9:

i consider myself extremely lucky. i had an older friend that recently passed away and left me a considerable amount of his estate. i know i am very lucky and fortunate to have done close to nothing and have someone be so generous to me. i'm grateful for everything i own and make sure to give back to the community!
Awww that is so great! You are obviously an amazing, compassionate & generous person w/ a big heart!!:heart: Thank you for being so kind & selfless giving back to your community and sharing with others solely out of the kindness of your heart & without any expectation of getting anything in return! That is truly so admirable & so respected!:heart:

As huddieb said, not often enough. I do write out a *gratitude list* now and then to keep me on track. Interestingly, the things I write down are never material things, but big blessings in my life--long marriage, wonderful children and grandchildren,true friends, the love of learning, etc.

I try to do this everyday. It really helps to put things into perspective. I know I am incredibly lucky to have such an amazing loving family & boyfriend, and friends that would be there for me until the end. Whenever I start to get upset about something small I try to remind myself that I really have nothing to be that upset about.

Whenever I hit a rough spot I write my gratitude journal, to remind myself just how lucky and blessed I am. Three things each day - from simple things, like a really good cup of coffee, to the toddler who smiled and waved at me from a train window - funny, the things I am grateful for are never the material things....they're the little things that make me smile - silly things my cats do....things like that.

Greetings from Boston. After today's events, I have to say I am feeling very lucky to be safe and sound. I had friends running in the Marathon and just learned they are all OK.

I know I am lucky to own the possessions I have, but today, I am just happy the people I know are safe and sound. The possessions seem very secondary right now.