How often do you replace / improve house stuff???

When something is worn out or when we want to sell/rent out the place and a few key changes could make all the difference.

Try to choose classic/timeless styles the first time round and hopefully you won't have to change it as often.

Well i've been in this house for 6 yrs now. I started paint soon after moving in, and had most of the house down. Just last Xmas started all over again. I think every few yrs to keep things fresh.
Its amazing how changing the color of paint makes things look better. My kitchen cupboards were looking tired, after a fresh coat of paint in another color things look much better and cheaper then replacing cupboards.
The floor needs replacing and the count could stand to be changed but for now things are ok.

Appliances.. they get replaced when they stop working and can be fixed( at a decent price)
My fridge is almond and 15 yrs old. I refuse to spend the money until I move to a bigger house or completely remodel my kitchen. It doesnt match my stove but I dont care. My washer and dryer I want to upgrade so bag( to a front loading one) but again cant justify spending 2K when what I have works and gets the clothes clean.

[avoc;4971582]I bought a new home almost 10 years and was in the mind frame that everything is new and I'll change stuff later. Well 10 years later and I finally realized everything is NOT new. My question is how often do you replace/upgrade things such as ....

Flooring???
Interior Paint???
Kitchen Appliances???
Bathroom fixtures???
Lighting???
Kitchen Counters???
Exterior Paint???[/quote]

We change things when we feel the need to. I'm happy with everything right now in my home. Our home is 20 years old, but we love it. We've redone everything to our specs. We live in a great neighborhood in Vegas and that's what is important to me. I couldn't imagine moving every so many years just because I wanted "new". I like to do things my way and homes aren't made like they used to be....our house is build solid compared to the new ones they slap up here in a day or two!