How often do you hide your purchases from your SO and why?

I don't really TRY to hide what I buy, but I try not to say anything until my DBF really notices or I talk about something I just bought a bit too much... He thinks it is crazy to own so many shoes/purses/clothes and that I feel the need to spend hundreds or thousands on some of these things! Thus, I would rather he not know so I dont get miny lectures! :biggrin:

nope he actually asks me what have i bought and then i show him and yes sometimes he rolls hes eyes, he doesnt understand why i buy so much cosmetics but other than that he doesnt care what i buy

I'm not currently in a relationship, however, I don't believe in hiding things or keeping secrets.

I also spend my own money, not someone else's.
As long as I wasn't in a situation where I chose new clothes and purses over necessities ( in which case I would have a problem) I don't see that it as anyone's business but my own.

I wont hide my purchases, but i'll lie about how much i spend....

Oh hun, these jimmy choos were on sale, $120 can you believe it...... truthfully, they were on sale, but for $425:supacool:

I'm ashamed to admit that I did this today. DH knew that I was deciding between two new Herve Leger dresses. Both dresses were on sale. However, one was at 40% off and one was at 60% off. I ended up getting the more expensive dress (at 40% off) and told him that it was 60% off. I don't even know why I did it because I don't feel the need to hide purchases from him. I guess I did it because he's been working really hard lately (actually, we both have) and spending too much on a dress seemed silly.

^ That is what I do as well. I don't hide anything from him, just usually make things seem less expensive than they really are. Especially with my Chanel bags. Don't need to do it with shoes and clothes as much, mostly just my bags. He would have a heart attack if he knew how much Chanel bags really cost. Although I use my own money to buy them, I think he would still get upset. I have never used his money to buy my Chanels. He has bought some of my shoes and clothes and those I am truthful on.