How often do you eat FAST FOOD?

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Maybe once a month tops??

2. #17 Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
    I eat it almost every day. I don't think it's gross and you can make healthy choices at these places. As a previous poster said, a meal at most chain restaurants can be just as unhealthy, if not worse for you, than any fast food meal.

3. I never did, until I tasted one of my daughter's bean burritos from Taco Bell. Now, I eat them every so often because they're almost comfort food! :whiteflag:

4. Does Subway count? Im a Subway addict and I eat McDonalds about three times a month. I love their fries!

5. Almost never now unless I have no choice. The thought of eating that greasy, overprocessed foods is really not appealing to me. yuck!

6. haha honestly, it is THAT bad for you. I take/have taken quite a few heath/nutrition/diet therapy classes (thinking of becoming a registered dietition) But having it rarely isnt going to make a huge impact unless you eat it every week......I eat it maybeeee once a month, but really a big reason for that is I have celiac (no wheat/gluten) so im extreemly limited on where/what i can eat lol

7. As for you being the only one, OP, I think most of the people who do eat it a lot are not going to come out and say it - in our very weird world, "admitting" you eat fast food is looked down upon and I would be willing to bet that a lot more people eat it than would cop to it. It's something, like smoking, that a lot of people like to shame other people about/get holier than thou about.

Also, I should amend my previous answer - even since I've been losing weight I still eat it in airports and other no-other-food-available situations. It's cheap, it's open late, it's everywhere, and I don't have to cook it. So while I don't particularly like it (as I said before, past the first bite - the first bite always seems like a good idea) there is some stigma associated with admitting to eating it and that's why it seems like you're the only one.

8. I live alone so I rarely cook. One of my favorite things to do is go to Long John Silver's to get the FAMILY sized tub of cole slaw (with a diet root beer) and eat it for dinner. (Shame, shame, shame!)

9. McDonald's french fries are a weak spot of mine. I love to eat them with chocolate milkshakes. (Not like actually mixed together, but at the same time) The salty and sweet combo is TDF.

10. I actually eat it quite often unfortunately, maybe a couple of times a week. It's really only when I'm with my boyfriend though because it's easy and cheap for both of us to eat. However when I'm alone I never eat it because I'd rather save the few dollars. I guess I'm a social fast food eater haha.

11. Ever since "Super Size Me" came out in 2004, my DH and I made a pact to never eat fast food again.

We didn't include Quiznos and In n Out though, lol. But even those are maybe once a month, if that.

12. 2-3 times a week. Honestly, I find myself having very little guilt for that!

Every now and then, my DH and I will feel NO desire to cook a meal after working all day. So, in the midst of after-work errands, we'll just grab a bite to eat for dinner.

As long as you maintain balance in your life, I don't see how indulging in fast food every now and then will cause permanent, life-ending harm.

13. No offense to anyone who else here, but I think all fast food is pretty much disgusting. With the exception of In 'n Out Burger (which I eat once a year when I go to San Fran to visit family) I won't even step foot into a fast food restaurant.

14. since i have started to try to lose weight...hardly ever. and when we do, we go to chick-fil-a and i get a kids meal and side salad.

but before then, maybe 2-3 times every 2wks or so....it's not good for you at all, and all the sodium, fat, calories in the food is disturbing. and after i read that burger king is the #1 buyer when it comes to cow eyeballs...that kinda put me off all fast food "hamburgers" sure it may be cow meat, but what kind of it?...

15. I love Chick-Fil-A and will eat it whenever I get the craving, probably once everyone 2 or 3 weeks. I really like Quiznos and at one point was grabbing a sandwich for DH & I 2-3 times a week. Usually DH and I eat 60% home cooked meals and 40% restaurant meals (not fast food) like Indian, middle eastern, Japanese, seafood... Yum!