How often do you change your wallet?

Lurvebags

Jul 3, 2014
I've got about 8 wallets right now, I try to use them all once in awhile. Wondering how often you all change your wallets..

Snow Diva

Nov 15, 2013
Oh I like this thread topic! I also have 8 wallets and they all have a matching purse that I pair them with. However I have more purses then wallets so I don't change wallets as often as I change handbags. I try to rotate them often so they all get used. So I switch wallets at least once a week, sometimes more. This week I switched wallets three times.

Mariapia

Feb 21, 2012
France
I have only one! An LV which I bought years and years ago. I don't intend on buying a new wallet unless my LV lets me down....

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
I have my Prada wallet which I use all the time
I have a MK wallet sitting in a drawer. I've thought about changing back to it temporarily but haven't done it yet. When I bought the Prada wallet I told myself I'd use it forever (or as long as it holds up). It's been maybe three years so far.

Personally I think it's a bother changing wallets and I'm not that anal about matching wallet to bags. That would make me crazy. My wallet it a ruby red and IMO it doesn't clash with any of my bags. And if it did, that wouldn't matter much to me since it's inside the bag anyway.

sunflower246

Nov 4, 2011
I don't change the wallet because it is a hassle for me. Also, I have just two wallets - one LV and one Prada. I use the Prada all the time, almost 2 years now. LV once in awhile.

bakeacookie

Nov 2, 2008
SoCal
I only change when I travel.
My daily is a LV ZCP, and my travel wallet can vary between a Kate Spade and Radley

Last edited:

Maice

HIME
Mar 5, 2013
United States
I have 3 wallets. My workhorse wallet for the past 3 years has been my LV Eugenie. I use my Prada saffiano wallet, but only once in awhile. I am slowly shifting the workhorse wallet status over to my slim RL wallet though - I figured I could give my LV a bit of a rest. :P I generally don't change wallets too often since I find it more tedious to transfer my credit cards, IDs and cash to a different wallet, versus changing bags, which usually just has me dumping the contents of my old bag into the new one (which is often just 3-4 big/long items (a max of 5) - makeup bag, bulky mobile phone, long wallet and sometimes my Kindle and/or sunglasses). :smile: So I usually use the same wallet for months at a time (my LV Eugenie), change to my Prada and use that for a short while, then shift back to my LV. As mentioned, my RL should be the one taking my LV's place in that "rotation" soon, though I reckon I will go back to using my LV once in awhile since it's just been such a trooper.

COPENHAGEN

Aug 29, 2012
Northern Europe
I only have one, a small Mulberry wallet. I'm not planning on getting a new one until it literally can't hold my money anymore ;) It was my first designer item and I bought it with my hard earned babysitting money when I was only 16. So my money goes towards bags instead!

Onebagtoomany

O.G.
Apr 16, 2011
UK
I have just one now, an LV Compact Zippy in monogram. I used to have two-three until I realised that I am a one wallet girl and that when I own several I can never be bothered to take all my stuff out to rotate them! I do love wallets though and am currently lusting after a Sarah in vernis, but I know if I buy it either that or my current wallet won't get used further down the line.

Riezky

Jul 24, 2013
I have 6 or 7, and basically only switch when the mood strikes, or if I have a specific need, such as a small wallet for a small bag. I don't mind if they don't get use for a while, since my main reason for having several is so that I have a variety of pretty colors to choose from when I get bored of one. :smile:

*schmoo*

Jul 27, 2008
Swapping out wallets is too much trouble. Unless I'm using a bag that my wallet won't fit into.

Feb 26, 2014
Home Sweet Home
I currently own 5 (LV Emilie DE, LV Josephine DE, Black Coach Pebbled Leather Ziparound, Vintage Fendi Small Ziparound and Vintage Vivienne Westwood Bifold).

I currently use my Coach after using my Josephine and Emilie respectively a few months earlier. I just miss the zippy type!

I change wallets depending on my mood. I can use a wallet for several months but I can also change it overnight if I feel like it. I'm like this eversince I was a kid so it's a hard habit to break, hehe ;)

Lurvebags

Jul 3, 2014
Love all the replies!

I change wallets depending on my mood too or if I feel like the others are feeling neglected 😊