How often do you change out your bag?

How often do you carry your RM bag?

• Every day or almost every day

• 2-3 times per week

• Once or twice a month

• I don't own an RM bag so I wouldn't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Before I got into RM, I was actually looking for a Balenciaga, however, during my orientation to FIDM (fashion school where a bunch of rich girls are carrying expensive handbags) I saw a lot of B-bags around with rips and tears and asked the girls how long they had em, etc. They told me not for long and that was when I stepped back from Balenciaga. (But I am still going to own 1 one day! I love the hardware!)

Anna, I've also heard that Bbags don't last for very long, if you're not careful with them. I took a class last year and one girl brought a beautiful turquoise Bbag with her to class most days. One day, I saw behind her, and I really looked at her bag. The sides were all ripping! :wtf: Immediately when I got home, I did extensive research on the Balenciaga subforum, and yes the bags don't last very well if you're not delicate with them. That definitely turned me off from Bbags, as they're more expensive than RMs too!

I usually use my BBW MAM everyday to work. But on the weekends, I'll switch to my Wine or Dusty MAM depending on my outfit. So I'd say I switch out of them 2-3 times a week. :yes:

MJDaisy, oh my Alluminio MM Bow is my ultimate precious gem & baby! :blush: She was what "started" this obsession. I love her to the fullest but that expensive dArn bag is so sensitive that I only use her when it's a SPECIAL SPECIAL occasion where I am around a "safe" environment. Usually to fashion shows, weddings, or a little luncheon. The bag also has this problem where it folds, the plastic sealant CRACKS and I'm so afraid of it getting more damaged than it already is.

I truly :heart: Rebecca Minkoff because of her high quality Italian leathers (took this from the RM authenticity cards). I can throw my RMs and they not only BREAK IN EASILY but they are just fighters! :boxing: I love them!!!!!!!~ Seriously, I can't see myself buying any other bags than RM. (That is unless I get rich and afford other bags that I don't care about damaging.) Haha.

Before I got into RM, I was actually looking for a Balenciaga, however, during my orientation to FIDM (fashion school where a bunch of rich girls are carrying expensive handbags) I saw a lot of B-bags around with rips and tears and asked the girls how long they had em, etc. They told me not for long and that was when I stepped back from Balenciaga. (But I am still going to own 1 one day! I love the hardware!)

Okay, this was a long rant. lol.

that is actually really funny that the more expensive bag is less durable than your RMs! i do love RM for not having to "baby" it. i LOVE the bow bag, i remember seeing your thread when you got it and being quite jealous! i also love B-bags and want to own one...i graduate from college next year so I'm hoping for a wine nikki or a B-bag :smile:

I rarely carry a bag more than 2 days in a row. The longest I carried a bag for was when I first got my Scarlet Mini Nikki. I carried it for 2 or 3 weeks straight. But now I'm back to rotating.

I'm on a ban, so it's easier to resist shopping if I carry a different bag every day. ;)

This is so true! I've been trying this method. :smile:

Is this working, you guys????

I'm trying to treat each one as if it's brand new to me (and unfortunately in 5 cases they are). However, this is not stopping the bag-lust.

May have to tune out of TPF for a while. Too many pretty pics making me want more bags.

Have changed from Black Stud Devote to Almond Stud Devote today. Considered the Cream Devote, but that's for special occasions and haven't had one this week.

Lately I've been rotating each day between black stud Devote and my new lemon MAC and capri Belle. Today is a lemony day.

And that's so true about more expensive bags being more delicate. I have my holiest of grails, a MJ Ursula Elise, and after seeing pics of MJ bags with ripped seams and handles tearing off I only bring her out for special occasions.

Some days are better than others, but yes overall it helps quite a bit. And I find myself going "Why haven't I carried this in so long?" quite a bit!! It's nice to finally have a collection where I love EVERY bag I own. I'd always welcome more of course, but I am very happy with what I have. :yes:

I'm trying to treat each one as if it's brand new to me (and unfortunately in 5 cases they are). However, this is not stopping the bag-lust.

May have to tune out of TPF for a while. Too many pretty pics making me want more bags.

Have changed from Black Stud Devote to Almond Stud Devote today. Considered the Cream Devote, but that's for special occasions and haven't had one this week.

For the most part, yeah. I still browse and lust, but I have a lot of fun trying out new outfits with each of my bags. I try and mix it up and do something new each time.

Anna, I've also heard that Bbags don't last for very long, if you're not careful with them. I took a class last year and one girl brought a beautiful turquoise Bbag with her to class most days. One day, I saw behind her, and I really looked at her bag. The sides were all ripping! :wtf: Immediately when I got home, I did extensive research on the Balenciaga subforum, and yes the bags don't last very well if you're not delicate with them. That definitely turned me off from Bbags, as they're more expensive than RMs too!

I usually use my BBW MAM everyday to work. But on the weekends, I'll switch to my Wine or Dusty MAM depending on my outfit. So I'd say I switch out of them 2-3 times a week. :yes:

YUP!~
All of the B-Bags that these spoiled brats are carrying @ my school are pretty much torn. I love strutting my RMs!~ :P

Where's this BBW MAM? You need to take a new Minkipile for your avatar missy :biggrin:

Hey...what's with the bbag hate?:shrugs: I have one and I love it more than my RMs(shhh...)...since it was my first designer bag, and I worship the color...plus, it's just so much lighter to carry than RMs that I have to force myself to rotate to other bags. when I got it, I wore it 4 months straight everyday! it's been having extended vacations since I got into RMs which I try to rotate weekly...changing bags daily will drive me insane!

^ Oh nooo jo, we don't hate B-Bags, I think lunatwinkle & I just had some bad sightings with bad owners of them. (Seriously, these "rich spoiled" girls at my school THROW their designer bags around.)

It's just before I discovered RM, I was looking into B-Bags and had a fright. That was when I found out about RM and well, I'm addicted & don't really want to venture out... . lol.

But I know I will STILL one day get a B-Bag because their colors are just gorgeous!

Right now I have been carrying one bag for the 5 work days and then change out to something smaller or more casual for the weekend. I'd like to have more rotation but it would add extra time in the mornings.