How often do you buy new wallets? Do you baby them?

i buy a new wallet every 4-5 months id say. i pretty much only switch wallets when switching into my new one...i don't baby them. just my bags. that's not to say i throw them on a dirty bathroom floor and treat them like crud, i just don't worry as much as i do about my bags.

My last Louis Vuitton wallet (well, french purse) lasted almost 11 years and I used it every day. I kid you not. In fact, when it finally was time to get a new one, I bought the same exact style and still managed to sell the old one on eBay for about $100.

My last Louis Vuitton wallet (well, french purse) lasted almost 11 years and I used it every day. I kid you not. In fact, when it finally was time to get a new one, I bought the same exact style and still managed to sell the old one on eBay for about $100.

WOW. now that is one value-retainer! i can think of some stock investments that wouldn't been been so sound!
:love:

hmm, have i stumbled on the latest greatest rationalizer for our respective DH/SOs?? :idea:

i buy a new wallet every 4-5 months id say. i pretty much only switch wallets when switching into my new one...i don't baby them. just my bags. that's not to say i throw them on a dirty bathroom floor and treat them like crud, i just don't worry as much as i do about my bags.

Yup - that's exactly the kind of use i'm talking about - just the frequency of handling it and worrying like 'oh do i have too much moisturizer on my hands or did i just handle the inky newspaper' - stuff like that i would avoid with bags at all costs, but it's just not feasible sometimes with wallets when you're holding up a line to pay your bus fare ;)

I'm just way too lazy to switch out a wallet frequently. I'm also not too into matching my wallet to my bag. I have 2 Coach wallets that I have had for a long time. I have been using the same zip around sig stripe Coach wallet for about 9 months now! I have another Coach leather checkbook wallet that I really like too.

Wallets are to be used, not babied. You are in and out of a wallet 20 times a day, so you might as well treat yourself to something fabulous that you love. I have a LV Monogram French Purse, and I will use it until it falls apart. Because I like the way it looks, and it is well made, it is always a pleasure to use. Yes, it is expensive, but it amortizes nicely when you consider you get AT LEAST 5 years out of it, if not more. I don't switch wallets, because that really is too much trouble. I also have the same attitude about my beautiful handbags: use and enjoy them; not baby them.
Life is too short.

That is totally awesome! That's cost per wear for you!

I buy wallets as I see them. Can reasonably say 3 a year. I'm learning to change out wallets as I have many of them. I do not baby them at all. I don't baby anything, I kid you not. I don't believe in treating my bag like another person.

That is totally awesome! That's cost per wear for you!

I buy wallets as I see them. Can reasonably say 3 a year. I'm learning to change out wallets as I have many of them. I do not baby them at all. I don't baby anything, I kid you not. I don't believe in treating my bag like another person.

i don't tuck mine in at night or sing them lullabies:nogood:

BUT i had a really bad scare with my first designer bag (a HH Suki) where 1 day after receiving it, i discovered dark black ink transfer from my jeans all over the back side of the bag. i envisioned the 300$ i paid slide down the drain. i seriously almost cried to the SA at LunaBoston. i ended up getting it almost entirely out. but since then i try to be more aware of things like that, and how dirty my hands are etc.

I bought a leather wallet from Danier Leather (in Canada) SEVEN years ago and it is still going strong! I never switch up wallets...switching bags is a big enough pain, let alone transferring all those cards!

Re-reading this I can't believe I've used the same wallet for 7 years!! I guess I'm due for a new one. The $49 or so I spent seemed like a lot at the time (while a broke university student) but did it ever last! To all those living in Canada reading this...buy your wallets from Danier!

Bought one there too a few years ago, loved the wallet(style) but didnt like the fact that I had to glue it back together after e few months.. I guess you get what you pay for 50$ doesnt go far.:shrugs: