How often do you buy LV bags??

angelcross2

Mar 16, 2006
I was wondering after reading about everyone's bags how often you purchase bags. I and 36 years old and this is only my 2nd LV bag. I have wanted an LV bag since I was 18 and went to Paris with my ex-husband. I received my 1st bag 4 years ago from my current husband and have been addicted ever since. I have 4 kids, 3 teens and a 2 year old and spend more on them than me!!! I have decided that I will purchase at least one new bag a year for myself. I may get more than that if I can find nice "gently loved" bags on ebay otherwise I will buy from the boutique myself. Do you mostly buy directly from LV or do you purchase a lot from Ebay?

I've been limiting myself to what I can afford, which seems to be one every few months. While I like buying from the boutique, there are some spectacular deals to be had on eBay, so I would say eBay.. but you really have to research everything just to make sure you're not going to be taken.

I only buy bags as a reward to myself when i've done something good. (i.e. got a new job, finish a class with an A, etc....) Not to mention xmas, bday, and all other occasions...

I usually buy myself 2 bags a year, or 1 really nice one, and my mom gets me 1 for my b-day and christmas. So, about four a year, but I only purchase 2 myself. :shame: As long as their real it doesn't matter how many you have.

Not often enough!! :lol:

I've only been buying LV for a year and I have 3 purses, 1 clutch, 1 wallet, 1 make up bag, and a wapity (I'm not sure what catagory it fits into). I've also got my name on a list for the green perfo pochette. That will be it for me for a while, even though there are so many more I want.

I always buy from the store. I'm too much of a chicken to buy LV on ebay.

I say on average, I purchase an LV about 1 or 2x/yr. It's not that much b/c I make sure I like what I get. It's an investment so I'm sure to do my research. As far as Ebay, again, research is required to win an authentic bag. There are a lot of reputable sellers on Ebay. You just have to do your homework.

Up until the forum, my only purchases were the pochette (2001) and an LV agenda (2003). Since then, I've purcchased a Speedy 25 and EPI Speedy 25 (but recently sold to another forum member...yea!). I like admiring LVs, but don't feel the need to buy a lot of them (please don't shoot me for saying that). I think my next LV purchase will be the Damier Speedy.

Once every 15 years or so. :lol:

Outside of some accessories, I only have a Speedy 25, and the Babylone tote. I'm considering another bag though as well as an Epi wallet. Hopefully it won't be another 15 years. :biggrin:

Not often enough! I can only afford a bag every few months if it's not a high end bag. But, if it's a high end bag I'd say once a year. Luckily I have a generous family member who hooks me up quite often.

I really buy lv depending on what I like...so if nothing is out that I'm crazy about, I just hold off, or buy another designer. I think I buy more accessories than anything lately...I think the only bag I'd get right now would be a josephine or a cabas mezzo, although I like the new blue antigua cabas.

I buy both ways - eBay and boutiques...I don't mind buying gently used bags from reputable sellers...I've gotten awesome deals...it is worth it if you do your research.