How often do you buy a new Chanel?

In 2013, I bought my first Chanel...then I bought 3 more in 2014. Well, actually I bought more than 3 but I'm not counting the bags I didn't keep! :smile:

I have no plans to buy any more Chanel bags in the next few years, since I am content with my bag collection right now and want to enjoy using what I have instead of wanting what I don't have. But later on, I may start thinking about getting a reissue 226 if I decide to get a new black bag. That's the one bag that I imagine could be a keeper in the future, especially if I still like it as much as I do now! :love:

Haha so this is going to sound ridiculous since I am new to the world of Chanel, but I bought my first purse yesterday and then I took the plunge today again on a vintage piece. And I am already dreaming and researching on what to possibly buy next! Yes so hopefully this doesn't become a lasting trend... I would like to be able to eat and enjoy having a roof over my head. Dangerous, the struggle is real.

Haha so this is going to sound ridiculous since I am new to the world of Chanel, but I bought my first purse yesterday and then I took the plunge today again on a vintage piece. And I am already dreaming and researching on what to possibly buy next! Yes so hopefully this doesn't become a lasting trend... I would like to be able to eat and enjoy having a roof over my head. Dangerous, the struggle is real.

I know what you mean! 3 bags in 2 months …. I blame my husband for buying me one for my birthday!

My first Chanel bag was a present of my hubby for my birthday in February 2014... After this one it became an addiction!! So in May 2014 I bought by myself a mini and in January 2015 I bought a jumbo! So for now I have three Chanel but my birthday is coming so... (boy! boy! boy!) XD

Last edited:
If I had to average, I would say one a year since I bought my first Chanel (around 7 or 8 years ago!). That said, I haven't kept them all and there was a long period when I didn't buy anything. I did however go a bits nuts in the last month and buy two... and am contemplating a third!

For me, it just depends on timing and other expenses/ priorities.

Haha I had the same weakness for chanel too
I started in May 2014 and end up with 6 now
Chanel no good for me ;-(( it unhealthy to my bank account. But I think it too late I'm already addicted. ;)))

I'm relatively new to Chanel. I bought my first a year ago, a black / ghw Cerf Tote and love it. It's so gorgeous, yet understated and practical. This January I bought a beige GST in beige Clair/ ghw and adore it. I really prefer classics. I'm currently saving for a m/ l flap in blk caviar with ghw for my next bag, but will possibly add a WOC soon. I'm also planning to get the beige/ black classic ballerinas. I'd have to agree, the addiction takes hold rather quickly!

I got my first Chanel for Christmas. I really didn't think much about the purchase but rather bought the one I knew I always wanted, black caviar jumbo whw, without considering any other style/color. I think my husband was a little underwhelmed with my choice "really? black?". I had bought 3 very different Fendi's earlier in the year and he had bought me a gorgeous sequin Prada a number of years ago (in addition to other's a long the way, but the Prada stands out as special). I think he thought we were done with "basics". Soooo. I'm trying very very hard to enjoy my jumbo as an everyday bag and not think ahead to the call of a nice soft luxe lambskin in the color of??? How long will I hold out? At least I do know myself well enough to know these type of decisions take a rather long time.

I'm averaging 1.25 bags per year! I started buying in 2011 and binge bought 4 bags that year. Then I didn't buy anything for 2 years after the 2012 price increase. After my 2 year hiatus I bought a GST in 2013 as a push present and a mini in 2014 before the last price increase (I bought a necklace too but I don't think that counts.) So that's 6 bags in 4 years= 1.25/yr. A drop in the bucket compared to others but for me that's plenty. I see beautiful bags all the time and I toyed with the idea of a red boy but it would serve a similar function as my mini so I just had to say enough is enough. I haven't purchased a Chanel bag in a year and I have no plans to purchase any more for the foreseeable future. The only items that I plan to add are a brooch and a pair of black/beige heels. Other than that I will be living vicariously through all you lovely ladies.