How My Lv Wallet Said Its Made In Spain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always prefer a "made in France" over any other "made in"'s, especially the USA ones, although I have no reason why.

I remember I once bought a Coach wallet from the Coach outlet in Woodbury Commons and it had a plastic tag inside that said:

"Made in China"

Ewwwww....I only got it b/c my cousin wanted it for her b-day, but I was grossed out :throwup:

Although, I do love my MacBook Pro and that comes from Taiwan/China, :love:

I find that comment offensive. Why did the fact that it was Made in China gross you out? It's still authentic Coach and held to the same quality control standards as anywhere else. In fact, many of the other design houses are expanding production into China. :confused1: If LV were to one day expand production into China (not that far-fetched of a concept) would that cause you to stop buying it??

^^ I always think of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure when someone mentions San Dimas! Awesome Water Slide Dude! :jammin:

:back2topic: I have 2 French Bags, a Spanish one and I just got a Mono Speedy 30 Made in USA. I confess I did want one Made in France (and asked my wonderful SA to search her stock) but in the end I decided I'd rather get it during the party and have a lovely memory associated with the bag than miss out. And now that I've made the San Dimas connection well it's just too funny.

As to quality, who's to say which is better. Heck the French drink at lunch! :roflmfao:

Disclaimer: In no way was the above joke intended to disparage French workers, people who drink, or people who drink their lunch. End of politically correct disclaimer.

For the places of production as shown from the date codes, have a look at this excellent thread:
http://forum.purseblog.com/lv-reference-library/date-codes-71687.html

I asked in German stores about places of production in Germany, and the SA had never heard of any. I suppose there may have been some special items that were made there, but certainly no bags.

I have purses made in France, Spain and Italy. Some lines are just made in certain factories, so you don't have a choice, but there is no difference in quality.

However, I must admit I was disappointed when my other favourite brand, Mulberry, started to have "made in China" tags. Their style had always been as typically English as a London taxi or a red bus, so it was kind of sad to see that go. I do understand that manufacturing in China is cheaper, but their price level remained unchanged ...

I always prefer a "made in France" over any other "made in"'s, especially the USA ones, although I have no reason why.

I remember I once bought a Coach wallet from the Coach outlet in Woodbury Commons and it had a plastic tag inside that said:

"Made in China"

Ewwwww....I only got it b/c my cousin wanted it for her b-day, but I was grossed out :throwup:

Although, I do love my MacBook Pro and that comes from Taiwan/China, :love:
coach is made in china. when i saw the tag "made in china" and i was surprised! :wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.