How much would you spend...

bella_vita

O.G.
Sep 16, 2012
How much would you spend on a pre-loved or vintage lambskin m/l flap in excellent condition?

I'm in the market for a pre-loved m/l and have seen some great options, but the prices seem to fluctuate a lot. Please help!!

It really depends on the condition of the bag itself. I have seen some immaculate pre-loved bags that have sold for close to what a new bag would sell for (minus the tax) and I have seen some hard to find ones sell for more. I have also seen gorgeous vintage selling for 3/4 of the price of a new bag or more, depending on the condition. It really boils down to the condition and rarity of the item it seems. I have even seen some not so great condition vintage bags selling for nearly new prices.

I have been trying to hunt down a m/l beige claire flap recently too. And im not sure what is a good deal either. ... :sad:. some prices are nearly the same as a brand new one. Which is just ridiculous to me consider it a pre owned one.

I have been trying to hunt down a m/l beige claire flap recently too. And im not sure what is a good deal either. ... :sad:. some prices are nearly the same as a brand new one. Which is just ridiculous to me consider it a pre owned one.

If I found a seller who was selling a pristine bag in immaculate condition, I'd rather have the old style durable caviar than what they make now, so I'd pay a premium price to get that.

If I found a seller who was selling a pristine bag in immaculate condition, I'd rather have the old style durable caviar than what they make now, so I'd pay a premium price to get that.

That's a great point! That's kind of what I'm thinking as well right now- that I'd pay a little more for a preloved in excellent / like new condition. Aside from that though, there's so many variations of the beige color in older bags, that I don't know which color I like best!!

ITA..in recent years the quality of the materials has gone down..not just Chanel either..I would pay the price to get a better bag even if it were used b/c it's just a better bag to begin with..

There is a consignment boutique near me that sells many of their bags for even more than their original price... Needless to say, I don't buy there. I wish I could advise you on fair pricing but I haven't bought from reseller. From what I've seen on Ebay, there are vast differences in the level of wear on bags so be sure to examine photos carefully before bidding. good luck!

Are you looking for any color in particular? I would think that it shouldn't be difficult to find a vintage black M/L in excellent condition for a reasonable 'Chanel price'; there are so many for sale.
I have a black lambskin flap M/L, which I've got from my mother, and the quality is a lot superior than the newer ones. Good luck with your search! :smile:

Are you looking for any color in particular? I would think that it shouldn't be difficult to find a vintage black M/L in excellent condition for a reasonable 'Chanel price'; there are so many for sale.
I have a black lambskin flap M/L, which I've got from my mother, and the quality is a lot superior than the newer ones. Good luck with your search! :smile:

Thank you! I'm looking for a beige flap, but the variations in color are so extreme!

It's really depend on the condition and the year of the bag. Usually the range of vintage flap are between $1800 ~ $3000 for Very Good to Excellent condition. Good luck.