How much would you pay for this white sapphire ring?

Feb 26, 2007
I am a huge fan of antique jewellery and have stumbled across a white sapphire ring with three stones that I think is quite stunning. I have never really looked at white sapphires before, and so have absolutely no idea of their value, or how they appear in real life....could any one help?

ring1.jpg

ring2.jpg

ring3.jpg

ring4.jpg

I would love to hear how much you think might be a fair price, and also how you might think this ring will look in person...do you think white sapphires look close enough to diamonds to be mistaken for them??

Apparently the stones are 2 carats each, and the gold ring is 9 ct gold...I thought 9 ct gold was quite unusual if it's meant to be a valuable ring?

TIA!!

I'm such a newbie at buying jewellery for myself!!! I think I'm going to have to start convincing my mother to hand more of her jewellery over to me now! :P

I don't know much about jewlery myself, but i just bought a vintage ring with white sapphires also and i know that they are not considered 'rare' stones. IMO, they definitely don't look like diamonds.. not nearly as brilliant. No idea about what a fair price would be, though, sorry!

Sapphires are semi precious stones that are valuable too. My estimate is around 500-1000 dollars. I have the pink, yellow, green and blue. My estimate is based on the ones that I have. The best thing to do is have them appraised at your local jewelry store and they can assess the value of the stones.