How much would you pay for this FP Ergo?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've been hunting for a platinum FP Zoe for quite some time. Just recently, I came across the platinum FP Ergo. Now I'm not sure which one I like more! I have a pretty good idea about how much to spend shall I ever find my beloved Zoe, but I have no idea when it comes to the FP Ergo. I know they made MFF Ergos, but they didn't come in platinum and I didn't care for the type of leather they used.

So, I'm curious, how much would you spend for this NWT FP Ergo (NMA):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150416003694&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks in advance!

2. What was the original MSRP? Was it purchased at the outlet? Those two key items would probably effect my decision...

3. Well, when I bought my first I paid $150 at the outlet (it was a FP, not mff) but my second one I got on ebay and paid $300 and didn't have the first regret. It was NWT and it was a bag that I really wanted and had been stalking a while. It all depends on what you feel comfortable with, how often the bag pops up and how much you really want it.
    Hope this helps.

4. I love the pleated ergo and you know I love my Zoe; I personally think Zoe is more your style - but either bag is great!

5. I ponder the same things when I see bags listed for sale!

I found another listing on ebay (NMA) and it states that original MSRP was $498. So, I'm guessing it went for around $200 (on the high end) if it went to the outlet at 50% off and then another 20% with a coupon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWTCoach-handbag-12831-Ergo-Platinum-Leather_W0QQitemZ250583833079QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item3a57f5d9f7

I'm not 100% convinced that I want to forego the Zoe for the Ergo, I wish I could see them together IRL, but I know that won't happen unless I buy them both!

6. Thank you! I just recently started stalking the Ergo, so I think I may wait a little longer before I make up my mind. There aren't many out there in platinum right now, which may be why the prices are a bit higher.

P.S. I love the quote in your signature - I'm so guilty of the doing the same! I even bought a new grey winter coat this year so I could carry a wider variety of bags while wearing it!

7. Here is my stance on "outlet pricing"...

If you can get a bag at your outlet, you'd be crazy to pay above that. But if your outlet doesn't have the bag (either because it's long gone, or because they never got it) then it really has no baring on you--but you could never get it at that price anyway, you know?

If you're hearing that the bag sold around the $200 price point, then I think the seller is being very fair. She isn't jacking the price up sky high...she's simply being reimbursed for her time and energy plus what the bag cost her.

I think if you want the bag, get it. It's really pretty. You can always get the Zoe, it doesn't have to be one or the other. If you find that you don't like it...you always have the option of selling it, gifting it, or returning it to the outlet (as for a gift receipt).