How much would you pay for nice eyebrows?

$5.00 for threading by this really nice Indian woman with THE BEST eyebrows ever. When I was in high school, most of my friends (including guys) went to her or another place exclusively.

I just walk in and walk out in under 10 mins and my eyebrows aren't flaming red like they would be after waxing =)

I pay $27 including tip at a upscale salon in Florida. I've gone to cheaper places but the two-three I've gone to I broke out afterwards. I don't know if they're using cheap way, or an oily after waxing lotion, but it just wasn't worth the $17 saved to endure the 1.5-2 weeks of 3-5 zits near my eyebrows when my skin is typically clear.

Oh yeah, and I go every 3-4 weeks.

Hmmm, thanks for all the responses! I have really unruly thick, black, bushy eyebrows. I am also a compulsive tweezer. I have done the whole overplucking thing to death. One of my problems is that I am addicted to plucking so it's hard for me to let them grow in to have them done. The other problem is finding someone that I think does a great job on my brows. I've paid up to $50 (not including tip). That was at a well known place in Beverly Hills and a highly recommended lady at a big salon in NYC. Both women did an excellent job. Then I've paid in the $30 range for a whole bunch of mediocre places in Sacramento. I always limited my visits to anywhere between once and three times a year. I maintained the shape as best as I could on my own between appointments.

I recently found a guy that I LOVE!!! He does the best job. Totally comparable to the $50 jobs I had but he charges $25. I go to him every 3 weeks. Sometimes I think that is crazy to go so often but he is so damn precise that if I even try to "maintain" his work I will totally screw it up. I still pluck the obvious offenders but I dont pluck near the actual shape of the brows. I was wondering if that is a lot of $$ and a lot of visits per year. From the posts it seems like the answers are sort of and yes!

Thanks ladies! This has been very informative.

Hmmm, thanks for all the responses! I have really unruly thick, black, bushy eyebrows. I am also a compulsive tweezer. I have done the whole overplucking thing to death. One of my problems is that I am addicted to plucking so it's hard for me to let them grow in to have them done. The other problem is finding someone that I think does a great job on my brows. I've paid up to $50 (not including tip). That was at a well known place in Beverly Hills and a highly recommended lady at a big salon in NYC. Both women did an excellent job. Then I've paid in the $30 range for a whole bunch of mediocre places in Sacramento. I always limited my visits to anywhere between once and three times a year. I maintained the shape as best as I could on my own between appointments.

I recently found a guy that I LOVE!!! He does the best job. Totally comparable to the $50 jobs I had but he charges $25. I go to him every 3 weeks. Sometimes I think that is crazy to go so often but he is so damn precise that if I even try to "maintain" his work I will totally screw it up. I still pluck the obvious offenders but I dont pluck near the actual shape of the brows. I was wondering if that is a lot of $$ and a lot of visits per year. From the posts it seems like the answers are sort of and yes!

Thanks ladies! This has been very informative.

I dont think you are going too often at all! When I was getting my brows professionally done(my lady moved, and Ive surprisingly been able to keep up with my brows on my own) I was going every 2 weeks religiously! If you are only going every 3 weeks, that cuts down on cost a bit, so 25.00 wouldnt be THAT much to pay. KWIM? Am I making any sense? lol

I pay about 15.00 with tip and my waxer is amazing. I had totally overplucked my eyebrows to the point where they were pretty much gone and she helped me to grow them back and now I have pretty nice brows. :blush: I go every 3 weeks.

Wow u ladies pay ALOT.......I use to do $2-3 for threading.....the only reason I stopped was b/c they were always busy and I wanted a more quick "on-off" like u get with wax.....i went to the same place to wax for about $5-6..........then in the mall once I really wanted to try out this place....to wax it was $18+tax&tip........I cant remember the exact price b/c that was 4 yrs ago......I have been maintaining the shape since then myself.....

WOW... to the ladies that pay $80+ for your eyebrows.. what exactly DO they do them to cost so much?

I pay $11 to get mine threaded about once a month. I usually give a $3 tip as well.

^^

yeah, I think it would be cheaper to laser your eyebrows off and tattoo the look you want! sheesh

i get mine done at a spa for about $13 with tip

Last edited: