How much would you pay for a mini flap?

JPeace

O.G.
Jun 7, 2011
I'm new to Chanel (all my other purses are LV) and I have to say I love the Chanel TPF folks. I've learned so much reading all the info and posts so thought I would submit my first thread.

I've never had a brand new Chanel, but this week ordered a black caviar mini flap from NM thanks to Yodaling's SA info! I am soooo excited to receive my first brand new Chanel! :yahoo: Ok now back to the topic of this thread. Prior to ordering I had been searching Ebay, reputable online consignment stores, etc. researching the different variations, prices, etc. I was shocked to find most of the minis being sold for ~$2400-$3k! These include the extra mini (currently $1650) and the new mini ($1900). I laughed when I saw their "estimated" retail prices of over $3k. These ridiculous markups don't just apply to mini flaps, but that's what I've been researching lately. I'm hoping most folks do not believe that and are doing research before buying.

I understand supply and demand and that Chanel goes up in value, but geez. It looks like some are just buying up stock so they can resell at a higher price...not cool. :tdown: So thought it would be an interesting question to ask ..."How much would you pay for a mini flap"?

Hey GF.
I know how that felt. If my friend didnt refer me to purseforums, i would have pay 2800$ for the bag with my eyes closed.
When I saw the black patent mini, i tell myself that I want one.
I was very close to buy the black patent mini from portero.com which cost 2800$.
If you check mini sac thread around page 43. You will see me post how desperately i wanted the black patent mini. I dont mind waiting at all. I cant even get my name on the waiting list. I was unable to get any assistance from SA in Manhattan/NYC. One of the TPFs saved me from spending 2800$ for the bag. She referred me a SA from Boston to help me pre order the black patent mini.

Ever since i got the black patent mini, i stopped using my half moon, sevurga and camellia flap. The black patent mini fits a lot of things i carry. For half moon, sevurga or the flap, I have to change wallets and i cant bring all the cards with me. I seriously want to sell the sevurga or half moon for another mini.

Edit:
I wish I can meet up with some of the TPFS if they ever come to NYC. I really wanted to thank them and treat them dinner.

Chanel careless about customers like me. They dont need me. They always have customers. I tried to pre order a black patent mini in Spring Street/SOHO and SA stated she cant help me. I will call you when mini arrives. As of now, she never called me. Same with the medium cc logo studs. I called CHICAGO CHANEL store and they said they can put me on waiting list and stated many people had reserved them. I knew they were lying and i cant catch them in person. One of the TPFS just ordered a pair of studs on the same day that I called. She stated 59th street have 12 pairs available and they said they have none. I went in person on Sunday and found them in the shelves. Seriously, ever since i bought 5 bags from Chanel store and i never find a SA that willing to be honest or try to help me.

@Hoqt,

I know what you mean about SA's not wanting to help!! However, unlike you, I do not have any Chanels..but was buying my first one. I think they didn't take me seriously seeing how young my husband and I appear to be (we always get mistaken for teenagers..esp. my husband). My sister and I went to another Chanel the other day, and she told me she didn't want to go in again b/c the lady was so snooty. Oh well. Thanks to all the TPFers for shelling out the info that they know regarding the brand. It has helped tremendously in my search for my first purchase.

Hey GF.
I know how that felt. If my friend didnt refer me to purseforums, i would have pay 2800$ for the bag with my eyes closed.
When I saw the black patent mini, i tell myself that I want one.
I was very close to buy the black patent mini from portero.com which cost 2800$.
If you check mini sac thread around page 43. You will see me post how desperately i wanted the black patent mini. I dont mind waiting at all. I cant even get my name on the waiting list. I was unable to get any assistance from SA in Manhattan/NYC. One of the TPFs saved me from spending 2800$ for the bag. She referred me a SA from Boston to help me pre order the black patent mini.

Ever since i got the black patent mini, i stopped using my half moon, sevurga and camellia flap. The black patent mini fits a lot of things i carry. For half moon, sevurga or the flap, I have to change wallets and i cant bring all the cards with me. I seriously want to sell the sevurga or half moon for another mini.

Edit:
I wish I can meet up with some of the TPFS if they ever come to NYC. I really wanted to thank them and treat them dinner.

Chanel careless about customers like me. They dont need me. They always have customers. I tried to pre order a black patent mini in Spring Street/SOHO and SA stated she cant help me. I will call you when mini arrives. As of now, she never called me. Same with the medium cc logo studs. I called CHICAGO CHANEL store and they said they can put me on waiting list and stated many people had reserved them. I knew they were lying and i cant catch them in person. One of the TPFS just ordered a pair of studs on the same day that I called. She stated 59th street have 12 pairs available and they said they have none. I went in person on Sunday and found them in the shelves. Seriously, ever since i bought 5 bags from Chanel store and i never find a SA that willing to be honest or try to help me.
Hoqt,

So sorry to hear about your in store experiences, but glad a TPFer was able to point you to a good SA and that you got your mini. I just went to New York for a pre Christmas vacation and went to both Chanels you mentioned. There were so many people there it was nuts and they were out of minis at both. If you need a good SA, Christina at NM in Troy, Michigan was awesome. I can send you her info.

@Hoqt,

I know what you mean about SA's not wanting to help!! However, unlike you, I do not have any Chanels..but was buying my first one. I think they didn't take me seriously seeing how young my husband and I appear to be (we always get mistaken for teenagers..esp. my husband). My sister and I went to another Chanel the other day, and she told me she didn't want to go in again b/c the lady was so snooty. Oh well. Thanks to all the TPFers for shelling out the info that they know regarding the brand. It has helped tremendously in my search for my first purchase.
Hey neighbor, I noticed you're in Allen so was curious where you went for Chanel? I just got into Chanel and have only gone to the NM at Willowbend. The lady was ok, but have to say the guys at LV at Northpark and Galleria are a lot better. I'm hoping there are some good Chanel SAs in Dallas. I haven't ventured to the Highland Park store yet so wasn't sure if that's what you were referring to. Like I told Hoqt Christina is awesome and if you need info let me know.

Hey neighbor, I noticed you're in Allen so was curious where you went for Chanel? I just got into Chanel and have only gone to the NM at Willowbend. The lady was ok, but have to say the guys at LV at Northpark and Galleria are a lot better. I'm hoping there are some good Chanel SAs in Dallas. I haven't ventured to the Highland Park store yet so wasn't sure if that's what you were referring to. Like I told Hoqt Christina is awesome and if you need info let me know.

I initially went to the Chanel @NM Downtown. Lady seemed nice. But when I wanted to make my purchase, she wasn't there. So this other lady from the purse dept. (not a Chanel SA) helped me, and she was wonderful...but didn't quite know her Chanels. The Chanel SA texted me the next day, and when I said I had already got the purse, she never responded anymore. :shame: Then I went to Chanel @ NM Willowbend to get on another waiting list, and she didn't give me 2 seconds of her day. Oh well. Hope you have better luck here locally!!!!!!!

mzlesley said:
I initially went to the Chanel @NM Downtown. Lady seemed nice. But when I wanted to make my purchase, she wasn't there. So this other lady from the purse dept. (not a Chanel SA) helped me, and she was wonderful...but didn't quite know her Chanels. The Chanel SA texted me the next day, and when I said I had already got the purse, she never responded anymore. :shame: Then I went to Chanel @ NM Willowbend to get on another waiting list, and she didn't give me 2 seconds of her day. Oh well. Hope you have better luck here locally!!!!!!!

Hi mzlesley and JPeace,
Or should I say, hi neighbors too!! I live in Frisco and I am so glad to meet you ladies on tpf.
I'm sorry to hear your experience about having trouble finding a good SA in our local area. I know a good SA at willowbend and Chanel boutique at highland park. Pm me next time when you need someone and I will be glad to share my contacts with you!
Happy new year!!

Hi mzlesley and JPeace,
Or should I say, hi neighbors too!! I live in Frisco and I am so glad to meet you ladies on tpf.
I'm sorry to hear your experience about having trouble finding a good SA in our local area. I know a good SA at willowbend and Chanel boutique at highland park. Pm me next time when you need someone and I will be glad to share my contacts with you!
Happy new year!!
Happy New Year!

Nice to meet you too! Didn't realize there were so many of us in Dallas. I definitely want to check out the Highland Park store so thanks for responding. Although, it may be awhile before my next purchase since I just ordered the mini. :biggrin:

I have seen the prices of the mini flap on Ebay or Bonanza. And what is frustrating is, these resellers we see on Ebay are the very first to get those hard-to-get pieces first. Most of them are markup so much more than what you can get from the store directly so I never bother to look at them since I could just wait and purchase from the store myself so why pay the markup. It is only when I want to buy something is is out of production HG from past season I am willing to pay more $$ for it.

We in USA are very blessed because the Chanel prices here are still low compare to Asian countries. Also the Chanel stocks are not that bad that we can still find what we want most of the time compare to Paris/Europe/Asia due to high number of tourists and limited stocks. I believe even with the markup prices, many buyers ,from asian countries especially, are willing to pay that price since it is still lower than what they will be paying from their own local boutiques.

I prefer to shop directly from departmental store too because the SAs there are generally nicer and helpful AND the best thing is everything can be ordered by internet. They always send out emails of new arrivals unlike boutique SA. Moreover, boutique does not allow you to order any of the classic flaps through phone and you have to order that directly from the boutique and that is not very convenient for people like me that live far away from the boutique.