How much would you fork up?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So, I'm interested in the coach classic styles recently but not sure I want to spend the FP. So I've been looking online for vintage pieces but I'm finding 1 of 2 scenarios. Either, the bag looks like it's been to hell and back and therefore it's in the $30-$40 range. OR, it looks fairly pristine but it's ranging about $85-$130. I'm not into bags that look beaten up. I somewhat anal about having a bag be pristine when I purchase it so I kinda can't believe that I'm even looking at vintage...so I need help. Is it worth it to pay the $80-$130 range for a vintage bag?

2. Hi,
    I have a Willis Bag which I bought FP at Daytons (now Macys) about 12 years ago. I also had the Court Bag which I bought elsewhere. The prices have gone up about $30 in that time. Now, Coach as well as leather in general have one up in price to a greater cost.
    I know some of our fellow TPFers have refurbished classic bags that they have found.
    Good Luck.

Lynne :biggrin:

3. I got an almost pristine Rambler from eBay a few month back for $40. The only problem was that the bottom corners were a little worn and there was a crease in the flap. I applied some Leather CPR to it, eventually worked the crease out and the worn corners look much better. I think that you just have to be patient and vigilant if you want a good vintage bag for the price you are looking for.

4. I would definitely pay that much for a vintage bag if it was a bag I really wanted and it was in good condition. The leather on the newer bags doesn't hold a candle to the thick, luxurious leather they used in these oldies but goodies. I don't have a "new" original to comapre my vintage ones to, but I am hearing that the new ones aren't quite up to par wiht the original-original ones. I agree with the above post, it just takes a little patience and vigilance, and I am sure you will find the perfect "new" bag for you :smile:

5. Thank you all so much! I need to work on my patience...I'm so bad at being patient. :sad: But I'll keep on waiting and searching for something just right