How much will crash leather soften over time?

It will soften a lot -- I have two black crash bags that I use a lot and they are very slouchy -- pretty much puddly. I also have a fairly well used purple crash and it's slouchy as well -- I've not used my choco crash as much so it's not as slouchy plus it's a slightly more structured style.

My pewter bags slouched a lot and very quickly. I had a plum crash LM Midi and I found the leather stiffer. I have a black crash which is really quite structured and still "creaky" if you know what I mean. I am hoping it softens the way everyone else describes.

They will become very slouchy! Here is a pic of my friend's choco crash LM midi. I am still trying to trade her for this one:P It is what got me started on my Love Me fascination!
attachment.php

Attachments

• ChocoCrashLMmidi.jpg
    ChocoCrashLMmidi.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 265
My pewter bags slouched a lot and very quickly. I had a plum crash LM Midi and I found the leather stiffer. I have a black crash which is really quite structured and still "creaky" if you know what I mean. I am hoping it softens the way everyone else describes.

Good point re black crash. Mine never softened either for some reason.

I'm with you on pewter. It's quite a keeper!

I have a black crash TME that looked like stiff plastic when it arrived, but literally started to puddle within days. I have used it a lot and it is very very puddly now. I love it.:love: I wonder if you massage and hug it a little? Sounds weird, I know. I hate stiff, boxy bags so I tend to "help" them along a bit when I first get them. If you decide to fondle your bags, may I suggest you do it in the privacy of your own home? Only bag lovers would understand.:roflmfao:

Thank you ladies! I have a purple crash TME that is still pretty stiff. I will give it more time!

Hm.... my plum crash never softened either. And I can be certain of that now after having experience with pewter which is one leather that just puddles.

I think the plum and choco crash are much stiffer leather's in general.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Last edited: