how much time do you take to get ready in the morning?

I always take my shower the night before so it takes me about 20 to 30 min to get ready for work. I have this annoying natural blush :shame: on my face that most people often mistaken me as looking drunk 24/7 or I always look embarrassing to them due to my red face. So I usually don't put on that much makeup, otherwise I'll look like a clown. :lol: Usually just some eye shadow, eye liner and lip gloss then I'm good to go.

On the weekends, I usually go makeup-less unless I'm going to a party or a club. I like to give my face a break and allow some "breathing" time on the weekends since I heard alot of the cosmetic products are really bad for your skin and some actually accelerate your aging process. Also, my bf doesn't like me looking "cake-face" and actually prefers me to be "natural." :blink:

I remember when I was in college, everyday was a fashion show to me so it would take me forever to get ready and I'm often late for classes too. Then in grad school, I was a total bum. Always w/o makeup and wearing sweats 24/7. Plus I notice the "uglier" I look, the less chance the professors will call on me in class. ;)

Irissy said:
I always take my shower the night before so it takes me about 20 to 30 min to get ready for work. I have this annoying natural blush :shame: on my face that most people often mistaken me as looking drunk 24/7 or I always look embarrassing to them due to my red face. So I usually don't put on that much makeup, otherwise I'll look like a clown. :lol: Usually just some eye shadow, eye liner and lip gloss then I'm good to go.

HI Irissy, you probably have what's called rosacea which is not uncommon at all. Have you tried using a tinted moisturizer? it works wonders in evening your skin tone without it being "cakey" or "clowny" ;)
I give my face a break too during the weekends. :smile:

bluekit said:
HI Irissy, you probably have what's called rosacea which is not uncommon at all. Have you tried using a tinted moisturizer? it works wonders in evening your skin tone without it being "cakey" or "clowny" ;)
I give my face a break too during the weekends. :smile:

Ya, I think that's it. My doc said my blood vessels are too close to the surface of my skin and it's genetic because my mom and aunts all had it when they were young. They said I'll lose this by age 35 and so for me to enjoy it right now because it saves me $ from buying blush. :lol: Sometimes I'll use this green powder (anti-blush thingy) that will cover my natural blush and it works wonder too.

about 35-45 minutes.. the difference pretty much depends on how i do my hair.. my routine is pretty basic..

• brush teeth/wash face
  • shower
  • moisturize
  • makeup(tinted moisturizer, mascara,lipgloss)
  • dry my hair and get dressed and i'm out

about an hour if I'm not rushing. I like to take my time and just stand in the shower, then I try on multiple outfits before I decide on one. Make up and hair takes less than 5 min for me. What takes up all the time are the super long hot showers!

It alllllllllllllllll depends. There are a few variations. :-P

Normal Morning:

*shower
*drink coffee
*dry hair
*moisturize, apply bronzer, eye shadow, eye-liner, mascera and curl eye-lashes + burts bees chapstick.
* straighten hair and watch TV.
* put on the outfit I laid out the night before (I'm crazy) and head out the door. It takes around.... 40-60 minutes for all of that. not too bad, because I usually dawwwdle(sp?) and reach celeb gossip on-line.

It becomes modified when I either a) oversleep, and wake up 1/2 before I should be in class. b) I'm hungover.

Then it's

* shower
* blow dry bangs, throw wet hair up in sloppy bun.
* moisturize face, curl eye-lashes + mascera, slick on some gloss.
* find random pair of hollister/PINK sweats and a t-shirt, flip flops, and run out the door, only to fly back into my room about 5 times, because I keep forgetting things; like my notebook, my pen, etc.

Total time, usually 15-30 min. I can do it in less if I must. I've gone to class without showering, and no make-up. It's not so bad if you have something important to do.

and GIRL! Just because you like to get ready doesn't mean you have self-esteem issues. However, you do seem a bit unsure of yourself ( judging from your posts, I can't speak for you personally.) So, here's some very friendly advice/ tips, coming from a girl who used to have 5 million issues with self-esteem.

Please, prettttttty please, don't ever compare yourself to Angalina Jolie or Jessica Alba. Yes, those women are beautiful with amazing bodies- but that's also their job. Their livlihood depends on maintaining impeccable physical appearances. Plus they have an army of people keeping them looking that way. Try to find things you like about these women and emulate it in a positive way. For instance, I love Miss Alba ( obvi, see userpic!) and I love how she always looks so fresh-faced and cute. I once read that instead of looking at a beautiful woman and feeling envy, or insecure, you should look closer and ask what it is about her that you find attactive- and then copy it!

Also, if you doll yourself up every day, it can be hard to see yourself without make-up. Make-up should be always be about enhancing the beauty you already posses, not about masking insecurities. I used to hide behind a mountain of smokey jet black eye-shadow. Sure I looked all punky and cute, but the fact that I felt ugly without it was unhealthy! Now I recognize colors that compliment my eyes, etc and I feel SO much better about it! If your skin is a problem area for you, I can see your added concern- just continue to take good care of it, and apply whatever natural looking foundation that you feel comfortable with!

:smile: Boys are dumb. They don't notice when you have subtle, navy blue eye-liner on, and they don't notice when you're hardly wearing make-up at all. They notice when you look nice, and when you don't. lol. I've reached a point where I feel just as sexy in my gym clothes, all sweaty, as I do when I'm all dolled up for clubbing. It's all internal! I fully admit to struggling with body issues, but most girls do!

Sorry, I feel like I'm talking- er, typing- your ear off! I just picked up on the fact that you seem not so happy with yourself, and I wanted to share some personal things that have helped me. = ) If you ever want to talk about self-esteem/body issues don't hesitate to send me a PM about it!

LOL. sorry, I totally typed too much.

My hair is a pain in the arse so if I ever straighten it, I have to take a shower the night before, let air dry, then takes nearly an hour to straighten X_x

Other than that about 30 min on days I have class and a hour if I'm going out somewhere. I don't wear make up that much but if I do its only mascara and lip balm (I used to love eyeliner, but can't stand it now).

Dani said:
and GIRL! Just because you like to get ready doesn't mean you have self-esteem issues. However, you do seem a bit unsure of yourself ( judging from your posts, I can't speak for you personally.)

:smile: Boys are dumb. They don't notice when you have subtle, navy blue eye-liner on, and they don't notice when you're hardly wearing make-up at all. girls do!

It's weird... I actually am pretty confident, but only when I FEEL pretty, which is when I'm done up. So I guess what I'm saying is that why do girls rely on extraneous things to feel good about themselves?

Yea, and my bf thinks I look the same whether I'm done up or not. Go figure. It's prolly all in our heads!

hmm let's see ...
about 30 minutes to:

take a quick shower
moisturize and deoderize
apply lipgloss and kohl
and throw on the outfit i had laid out last night ironed and fresh

That is aside from the kids of course!!!
if I need to "do" them as well, it woudl take me about an hour .... maybe 1:15 tops ....

Yeah I need at least 50-60 minutes.

Wash hair everyday...It's always a mess when I wake up no matter what...thick frizzy blonde hair!

Contacts, Wash face, brush teeth, moisturize, light makeup

Blowdry, hairspray, straighten if straight, pony tail for work.

Dress, shoes, eat, feed dog, let dog out, pack lunch, work bag

Grab keys and phone then out the door I go.

Most of the time I'm rushing especially if I can't get my lazy butt up!

yellow_gummybear said:
And judging from the majority of posts, I don't feel as bad for taking so 'long' to get ready b/c a lot of y'all take longer ! LOL:biggrin: I guess it's a gurl thang!

:smile: yep.

Guys everyone love to complain about it too. :lol: