How much time do you spend on your bag collection?

LabelLover81

Peace Love & Purses
O.G.
Mar 5, 2010
A few weeks ago I decided I wanted the Valentino Premier Bow Shoulder Hobo. While I would have loved the pink one from the Spring 2010 collection, I couldn't afford the $1900 price tag. So instead I decided to stalk NM for one on sale. This morning I accomplished my goal! I got one in "carmello" for $852. The thing is, I spent HOURS each day checking the NM website and calling various stores around the country. I didn't work (don't get me wrong, I acted like I was working, but I really was searching the web), I didn't work out at the gym, all I did was look for this bag. Here's the kicker, this is absolutely a NORMAL occurrence for me. I do this at LEAST twice a month. Since I'm a big believer in sales, I stalk websites and stores on the regular. It's not like I miss out on family time or romantic nights with my husband, I just ignore the things I feel like I can skip (like work... lol!!!) I just want to know if there are others out there who do the same thing.... Please say yes!

lolz, you know bags abd boots are the girls's best pals. They cany go out without it..But for me bag is on the 1st thing which i would to have while going for a shopping..I spent many hours in shopping for a bag..and i have see many girls doing the same thing so its normal

labellover, from the look of things, you are new here! If you continue in this mode you will be acting out "Shopaholic". If you stop at some point you will be okay. This forum CAN get you riled up and excited! I bought two high end bags in a three month interval and called it quits for a while. If you are excited and content with the Valentino purchase then great!! It was worth all the investigating over it. I've obssessed over a bag before buying it. If you are getting worked up again over another purchase, take a breath and figure out what you are supplementing. I'm not an analyst but I don't like to see people get into financial trouble. On the other hand, if you have an endless flow of money coming in, I say "Hey the skies the limit!" - Hope you enjoy the beautiful Valentino bag. Please post pics!!

actually no i don't, if i see something i want at the time i just pay whatever asking price is for it...weather i have the money or have to save i don't waste time on trying to get a few dollars off. I really spend no time at all on my collection, but anymore i don't really buy much because i'm spending money on other more important things..like our wedding and new furniture for our new place. When i was buying bags a lot last year whatever the ticket on the bag said is what i paid.

I try not to obsess too much about a bag... I do spend some time looking for them but if I can't find it in a couple days, then I'll chalk it up to destiny. If it's meant to be, then it will find its way to me, right?

I used to spend an a mega load of time on my bag collection. I just kept refreshing the site, keeping tabs on the discount of the bag, reading about it, looking at pictures of it, looking at reviews, printing pics/discription of it and filing it, e-mailing it to my SO, thinking about it, asking a CSR about it, etc. It was tooooo much of a time waster. I got a lot better about it as time went on, but it was still a waste of time.

Nowadays, I have this wishlist in my e-mail account with about 7 or so bags on it, and I am not too worried about ever getting any of them anymore. This passion for that has gone downhill over the course of these past (close to) 6 months of no bag-purchasing. So, I spend no time trying to add to it now and more time thinking about selling some of them.

LoL you sound like me. I'll research, check back and sometimes call to see when something I really want is going on sale. It's a bag, they go on sale all the time and if you can save a few hundred dollars (which you can spend on a pair of matching shoes right?) then why not. I find it silly paying full price for something like that but that's just me.

Thank you all for your feedback. I know I am a shopaholic (I wish it was funny like in the Isla Fisher movie, but it's a bit more serious). I'm not in serious debt or anything, but I think I am trying to fill some sort of void... not sure what it is. So I've decided to stop buying bags for the next two months just to see if I can.
I have spent SOOO much time on my handbag collection the past year, I feel like I need to take a break. Thank you all for your feedack, and keep it coming!

Thank you all for your feedback. I know I am a shopaholic (I wish it was funny like in the Isla Fisher movie, but it's a bit more serious). I'm not in serious debt or anything, but I think I am trying to fill some sort of void... not sure what it is. So I've decided to stop buying bags for the next two months just to see if I can.
I have spent SOOO much time on my handbag collection the past year, I feel like I need to take a break. Thank you all for your feedack, and keep it coming!

A lot of us go in waves... it's easy to get obsessed by visiting the forums here.

Scenario ONE.

1. I see a bag on the catwalk or a pic in the new catalogue

2. I say which bag/s I'm interested in in the store if I'm passing or ring up

3. When the bag comes in I visit the store

a) if I like it I buy it

or

b) if it doesn't live up to expectations I don't buy it

Scenario TWO:

I'm out and about with a friend or just happily wandering around town on my own, I see something that's too good to leave in a store/market/boutique

I buy it

Scenario THREE:

I see some unbelievable bargain on the web I never thought I wanted and bang I've got myself another bag

It's the learning and 'talking' about them on tPF that takes most of my time :lol:

^^ Scenario THREE is def a grey area in terms of sanity :upsidedown:

Luckily it's always turned out OK :sweatdrop: esp looking at Delveaux :graucho:.

...and BTW I have never bought a designer bag off evilbay - my poor :heart: could not take it LOL

I don't actually waste a lot of time looking for bags. I usually see something i like on the web, TPF or a magazine and then buy, wait for a sale, order from overseas (usually a lot cheaper than buying in Australia) or save up or wait until i find it at a price i am willing to buy it for. I think i waste enough time on fashion forums as is... i'd end up getting fired if i decided not to work for a whole day or a few days. Having said that i usually spend a few days a year shopping non stop but i save that for when we're overseas on holidays :smile: