Tech How much time do you spend on the computer/phone/etc?

VelvetFreak

Jan 30, 2017
I will openly admit that I spend a lot of time on the computer (Macbook, on the couch) mostly reading forums and watching Youtube. TV shows/movies do not interest me, I find it hard to get into them.

I wish I spent less time with my face stuck in a screen, but ultimately it comes down to the fact that I am so incredibly bored, especially on weeknights. Going places and doing things cost money that I don't really have at this point in my life. I am single/live alone, and I think that has a lot to do with it too. Pretty much all of my friends are married, so I don't want to bother them on weeknights, plus I am tired after work so I'd rather not be out.

I know I should spend more time doing crafts or reading, and I am definitely working on that. Old habits die hard.

In saying that, I think that "on the computer" and "scrolling through your phone" are two entirely different things. When I'm on the computer, it's more of a conscious decision, I tend to actually take in what I'm reading, and I'm more likely to contribute to a thread or comment. Phone is more of a pacifier/procrastination tool, when you're bored or don't want to think about something that is bothering you.

What about you?

Around 3-5 hours a day. That includes instagram, watching YouTube, and editing Youtube videos. I always tell myself that I only spend so much time on social media because I'm a "YouTuber". Whether that is true, is a different question haha.

Definately too much. I might call it even a small addiction. Last month I had to spend a day without my phone - it was a nightmare, especially moving around a new city with no map.

I want to say I don't spend much time on the computer but I do. My OH is a software engineer so I can never really get away from them. [emoji28] I don't spend that much time on my phone, though. I'm actually a bit of an ogre when it comes to phones, I find it rude when people are just browsing on them while you're having a meal or a catch up coffee. [emoji36]