How much should I pay for a pre-loved medium Chanel boy bag

Vsaas

May 26, 2018
looking for some advice as I am new to buying Chanel bags. I have just found a beautiful red caviar medium boy bag. Selling for GBP 3700, which is approximately USD5000. It's in good condition but 4/5 years old. Is it a good price? Feels very expensive to me.

If you're going to spend that much, buy new from the boutique. It's 4700USD for an old medium boy brand new in store.

Get whatever you love (color combo etc). I do agree to be very careful of getting preloved as there are a lot of super fakes. Fashionphile and yoogiscloset , Ann's fabulous finds are ones you can trust. Still you should get it authenticated.

looking for some advice as I am new to buying Chanel bags. I have just found a beautiful red caviar medium boy bag. Selling for GBP 3700, which is approximately USD5000. It's in good condition but 4/5 years old. Is it a good price? Feels very expensive to me.
Looking at the prices online there does not appear to be much difference in price. Perhaps consider buying new from the boutique.

Reactions: Vsaas
Thank you all. Good advice. I am buying in London from HEWI. They are a very reputable site. I just found the bag expensive so thought to ask for advice. I will probably go to a boutique now.

Reactions: Ramai
Not sure how reputable HEWI is to be honest. A jumbo was deemed fake on the AT Chanel thread a few days ago. I was having a look to see what they had. 3700 quid is a lot for OM boy. I got mine from old Bond Street for about 3400....last year and there have been no price hikes in the UK as far as I am aware. I say buy from boutique.

Reactions: Vsaas

Try Glamshock? I heard it is reputable and they sell brand new bags esp the hard-to-get ones. Generally, my advice would be to do your due diligence when buying from a third party as there are lots of superfakes around these days and get familiar with the boutique price. I wouldn't buy anything that is listed at a higher price point than what's sold at the boutiques but that's just me. Good luck in your search.

Sorry to jump on this thread. My fren is letting go this chanel boy and it's lightly used. Original price is around singapore dollar 7k and she is letting go at sgd 5.2k. I already have Cerf tote, reissue 226, jumbo
Classic (all black) and a red color chanel (similar design as classic but inside is fabric, forget the name, size is slightly bigger than chanel). I wonder if it's a good buy since I do not have any chanel boy. Can anyone share your thought?

Attachments

• IMG_2322.PNG
    IMG_2322.PNG
    947.7 KB · Views: 297
Sorry to jump on this thread. My fren is letting go this chanel boy and it's lightly used. Original price is around singapore dollar 7k and she is letting go at sgd 5.2k. I already have Cerf tote, reissue 226, jumbo
Classic (all black) and a red color chanel (similar design as classic but inside is fabric, forget the name, size is slightly bigger than chanel). I wonder if it's a good buy since I do not have any chanel boy. Can anyone share your thought?
If you think it's worth it and you love it and trust your friend. Then sure. I do know on the preloved sites, this model for some reason sells for significantly less... Not sure why. Check out some sites and see the price and compare.

I would still get it authenticated. On the authentication thread, I've seen where friends sold to friends fake bags.