How much of your CL collection is black or black patent?

rainyjewels

eat me
O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
Oh dear.

I'm so, so drawn to black patent CLs. Maybe it's my inner child's attraction to shiny pretty things, or maybe there's just something so sexy about the flash of red against the black. I don't know. All I know is I want more.

I already have - black kid VPs, black patent simples 70mm, black kid simples 100, and black patent new simples. But now I'm completely drooling over black patent decolletes, black patent Rolandos, black patent wallis MJs, and black patent VPs. I justify it by their "differences" with the whole, there's a MJ strap, there's an exposed platform, there's an hidden platform, it's a peep toe, it's a different colored toe...lol..

I mean, for the love of all that is sane, how many black pumps does one girl need?? How do you guys do it? Do you just force yourself to keep a select few? :sweatdrop:

Anyway, am trolling online stores for all things black patent and it suddenly hit me how addicted I was and thought you guys could commiserate :P

well I usually hear that a girl cant have too many black shoes although I kind of banned myself one year ago from not purchasing a single black shoe and stuck to it. I currently have 4 black CLs only: alta ariellas, black eel decolletes, black patent iowa zeppas, black helmuts. I do also have black and white lova pigalles but I guess because they have the white they dont fully count as black. I probably would purchase all the styles in black if I didnt restrain myself. So I do know how you feel.

I personally just would rather have color. I love to mix color with color, and I also wear a lot of jeans, so I don't find it hard to match colored shoes with my clothes. My only black pair is my Anemone.

The commonly repeated colors in my collection are black and nude. After I went on a huge nude spree last year and black spree this year, I'm only allowing myself to purchase other colors. I think you know when you have enough.

I have alot of black - about half my collection. It's mainly patent, that combination of black patent and shiny red sole is just irresistable to me :drool:

Patent - Miss Freds (being Ebayed), VPs, Decolletes (plain and black/blue glittart on way), Triclo, Pigalle 100, Privatita

Kid - Simple 85, Helmut

I don't have any black CL's in my little collection ( 6 pairs ). I am trying to resolve that problem.

Trouble is I always end up choosing the other colours when the sensible practical choice should be black. Last weekend I went looking for black knee high boots ( not CL as they won't fit me ! ) and as always chose a different colour, this time it was a gorgeous dark grey :rolleyes:

I never wear black shoes until last year. :graucho:
This year, I decided I need a new pair of black pumps and ended up with the following:
1) Architeks
2) Oh My Slings (I also have it in camel)
3) Prada Black Patent MJs (I also have them in nude)
4) Nameless Black Velvet Slingblacks
5) Ferragamo Varina Flats
6) Burberry checked/patent flats
7) Italian nappa leather sandals
8) Black BR flats
9) CL Armadillo
9) CL Insectika
10) BR Black boots (I also have it in brown)

Okay, I just realized I spent a bomb on shoes in the first half of the year!
:roflmfao:

3 out of 4! I have black kid Horatio pumps, and black patent Joli Noeuds and 70mm VPs. I have told myself NO MORE BLACK! But then I just keep getting drawn to them...it's taking all my willpower!

I vow my next pair will be bright pink. lol

I only have 6 pairs of black CLs- patent Simple 85s, patent Bruges, satin Salopina Strass, satin Helmoon, satin Joli slides, and paillete Decolletes. Black CLs make up only about 1/7 of my collection. CL has such great colors that it's hard for me to buy a black pair over a color pair.