How much notice to give SA to locate bag?

PhineasGage

Aug 9, 2019
I have one Chanel bag, which I bought on an impulse so I’m not sure the process to buy a specific bag which may or not be in stock. I want to celebrate a milestone in Feb 2021 with a gray chevron flap. How much notice do I need to give the store that I want that bag then? Few days/weeks/months? I have no idea.

Grey chevron doesn't come out every season, so I'd already tell an sa now that you want it so they can let you know if it's even coming out in the coming seasons. Good luck!

Is Nashpoo said, there's no guarantee that that combination would even be available at that time. I would as she suggested let your SA know that you are interested in that specific combo so she can keep that in mind if she sees it will be offered in an upcoming season.

I have one Chanel bag, which I bought on an impulse so I’m not sure the process to buy a specific bag which may or not be in stock. I want to celebrate a milestone in Feb 2021 with a gray chevron flap. How much notice do I need to give the store that I want that bag then? Few days/weeks/months? I have no idea.
Might be worth stalking resale sites for a new/ like new one since that combo is going to be so specific. It's not often this will come out. What size? What leather? What hardware? Last one that came out I believe was about 2 years ago, and the calfskin had a little bit of metallic to it. I haven't seen it since.. Looks beige in the first pic, but second pic is better representation of color.

Attachments

• IMG_2666.jpeg
    IMG_2666.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 11.12.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 11.12.38 PM.png
    1,008.8 KB · Views: 118
Thanks for the advice about resale (and your photos). The gray bag you posted is close to the one I saw posted in March by another member and I assumed it was a new bag. I’ll start looking at resale sites now. I also plan to talk to an SA in case there is something coming out soon that may be comparable.

Reactions: TraceySH