How Much "junk" Do You Keep!?

How much "junk" do you keep/save in your house???

• None! My house is clean as a whistle, not a smitch of junk anywhere

• Some: I have closet dedicated to stuff I am not using

• Lots: I have a SpareOoom with tons of junk

• It's Alive!! and taking over the entire house!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am a complete rack rat....very hard for me to get rid of anything! I used to collect dolls and just at the end of last year gave away some and sold some...and just tonight I sold my first purse....

I really am going to try this year to minimize a bit. My only New Year's resolution!

I have a 3rd bedroom in my townhome that is supposed to be a guest room but ends up being a junk collector. I've had ENOUGH of this already and its closet which is my overflowing purse storage, so I have vowed to clean/organize this room once and for all in 2007. That plus my garage. It too is a major 'go out to pasture' place for things that need to go to the dump (old closet doors I've replaced, TV stands I couldn't sell, blah blah). Our windstorms and rain which resulted in my garage flooding with 3" of water put the spotlight back onto this place as lacking attention.

I don't keep a lot of junk because I feel too unorganized with too much stuff around- can't think straight. I'm not a neat freak either-just don't like tons of clutter, because I can't find anything.

It's a problem for me. My parents were young adults during the Depression and had the habit of saving everything. Until now, we lived in homes with full basements--a great place to accumulate stuff. Since moving south we've unloaded a lot, but we still packed too much and I'm throwing out lots of things. I agree with those of you who say you operate better in a "clean" environment. I need to get there!

i have some items I keep because of sentiment but after my mom got her house remodeled and I was redecorating my room, I purged a lot of items I felt like I no longer needed.

I hate clutter & disorganization~I admit, I'm almost anal about it. (you wouldn't know by looking at my kid's playroom though, LOL I gave up on that long ago..) I go through closets & cabinets several times a year & clean out. We are getting ready to put our house up for sale & it has been even worse! I'm throwing out just about everything that isn't nailed down that isn't a necessity for us to keep. My reasoning is, either we can donate it to Goodwill & get the tax write off or have to pay to have it all moved. ;)

I thought I *fixed* this little problem!?!?

Somehow, the boxes of boxes are back, the bags of bags are taking over, and I am stashing shipping containers "just in case I sell something" :wtf:

Do they make a 12 step program for Letting Go of Unusable Crud???

Ok, so I am in a cleaning frenzy now :wlae:

And then I ran into SpareOoom.

I have boxes of boxes of boxes (it's like one of those little russia doll thingamabobs!!) and bags of bags plus blags of bubble wrap and tissue paper.

I have storage tubs full of stuff I *might* use in the future (ie old laptops, old clothing, binders and clipboards. I am pretty organized, I just wonder if I should cut loose like most of this "junk".

How much junk do you keep around????

Closet is full of junk....I keep my school notes on the off chance I might need them in giant stacks everywhere. There's clothes I'll probably never wear again crowding up precious hanger space. Ugh I need to get organized!