How much is too much to pay for a bag?

I have yet to go over $400. For a Holy Grail type of bag I would probably be willing to go up to $1500, if I absolutely had to. I'd still wait to see if it goes on sale for under $1000, though.

I think my limit is $700. With bills and a house to pay for it doesn't make much sense to me to go higher than that, once those are done though I would not know :smile: Unless I really come into a huge bonus I'm keeping my Miu Miu shopping strictly "through the windows"!

My limit used to be $500 but it has crept up to about $700. Still have not bought any of my MJ/Fendi/etc. bags full price. Would feel too guilty. But if you can afford it and you love it, I say do it!

also it occurs to me sometimes that I have TONS of $500 dollar bags...and I could just as easily have a timeless beautiful classic bag for the price of four of those. But somehow can't pull the trigger. Give me time :P

I have rarely broken the 1k mark (so far!) but I did with my Prada leather Gauffre tote (about $1700). But I've spent close to 1k on quite a few bags so I guess in the end it adds up.

I really need to focus more on home remodeling rather than bags and shoes, boo hoo. So I will likely hold off in 2008 unless I get a major windfall/bonus!!

The most I would probably ever spend on a bag would be $3000. Anything more than that, I'd feel guilty and overly spoiled. But for the time being, since I'm a poor student, the most I'd spend would be $1500.

I think it's all relative. Before joining tPF, I thought $300 was way too much. Over the course of 8 months, I've spiraled first to the $500 limit, then after several bags at that price, it was $800, then $1000, and then suddenly last Sunday I bought two bags at $1800 and $2700 respectively...in ONE day! And that was a mere 6 days after plunking down some serious cash for a Jimmy Choo Ramona! It's insane!! When I actually think about how much money that is, I'm appalled with myself. But I don't find myself feeling one bit guilty! I work my a$$ off and I feel like I deserve it. Then again, that's what I tell myself every time I buy a new bag....I'm not sure I deserve that much!!

About 2 years ago it was about $500. Then it went up to $1000. Then $1500. Now that I've broken the $2000 barrier, it's now $2500! I've only bought one bag over $2000 though and would think VERY long about spending that much again. Most of the bags I have are about $750 - $1400 ish. I try not to think too much about it though, because when I really think about it .. I'm shocked I would pay that much for a bag!

Earlier this year I thought anything over $100 was pricy. Then I hit the $300 mark and said NEVER anything over $500....I was getting great deals on $700-$800 purses online and at outlets and buying them for less than $300.

Then came the first Chanel in November...on sale for $1,125. Then came the GST on 12/15 ($2,195), then I bought a vintage Chanel Lambskin online ($1,125 - must be my number!) THEN I found a bronze reissue for $1,495.

I never in my life thought I would spend that much on ONE bag...yet I keep finding reasons to buy more of them! I justify it by saying I have no kids, no other hobbies and I shoot weddings for a living! One wedding pretty much buys a bag!!!

Anyone need a Wedding Photographer?!!!! Please - support my habit!!! hee hee