How Much Hermes Should You Wear?

ooh, think that lady is wearing my boots:nuts: Love the whole look.
I don't think there can ever be too much. I can wear a leather bracelt, clic-clac, belt, shawl and carry my Kelly and not be too worried about it.

Maybe if I had a blouse with H's all over it and distinguishable H logo shoes it might be a bit OTT...

seton, you're funny :biggrin:

i agree that if there are no obvious logos you can probably get away with head to toe H.. ^the lady above looks gorgeous, i love her jacket!

this hasn't really been addressed but personally, i would never put more than 1 type of accessory on my bag (ie 2 key charms would be my own limit) i think it takes away from the bag to have 5-6 things (ie twilly, key charms, breloque charms, ....) adorning it all at once..
I also love her jacket! Nobody would be able to tell it was H were they not addicts like us:P

I agree with the bag accessories pluiee, I only wear one (a pig) but I am contemplating to take it off all thogether. Well, I haven´t carried my Birkin for ages anyway:biggrin: I´m currently sporting my black Balenciaga weekender with palladium or a Shelly Litvak skull bag in off-white.

^agreed! i love the black weekender with PHW! that's my favorite black combo..i can imagine your WE being a puddle of smooshiness. i digress but you know i have a soft spot for bal too!

yeah i always buy twillies thinking i can use them on my bag but i always end up taking them off!

I agree with the others, H is so understated you really can wear it head-to-toe without being obvious. I frequently wear a scarf, my Kelly Double Tour, and carry an H bag. With labels like LV or Gucci (no offense to anyone who loves these lines) it's harder to pull off a head-to-toe look -- usually one item is enough.

I would just do what MaiTai does... :smile:

Exactly what I was going to say! MaiTai looks great when she H's up her jeans and shirt with a scarf, farandole, belt with Muse buckle, and kelly/birkin. She's positively classy, nowhere near over-dressed, and that's four items! Or maybe five if you count the belt and buckle separately! :P

I've never liked showy labels, but I'm happy to wear an H scarf, bracelet, belt, and Kelly (with clochette and lock removed!) together. With very simple clothes though, eg jeans and a plain cashmere sweater or white cotton shirt.

My H-saturation has only ever been clocked twice. Once by an Hermes SA (in the street) in Manchester, and once by an Hermes SA in Harrods.
Never by a normal person. :biggrin:

*Sniff* Those are not Hermes boxes! They are Hermes ACCESSORIES! A H teeth charm. From 1986. The style has been "rested" but I heard that H is bringing it back. :graucho:

:lolots:
Oh fab, I soooo WANT a teeth charm! Can I wear a DIY one until they bring it back, or does it turn me into a wannabe? (or was it wallaby? :confused1:)

I wouldn't go matchy matchy with it. I would only wear one H or Hermes decorated item per outfit. I wouldn't wear a "kelly" accessory with a "constance" accessory with.... I also wouldn't wear all "kelly"

Other than that, anything goes. Actually, one "style guru" suggested that to simplify your wardrobe, you should buy all of the same designer, style or colour. I think that's insane - but really easy to put together.

I agree with the others, H is so understated you really can wear it head-to-toe without being obvious. I frequently wear a scarf, my Kelly Double Tour, and carry an H bag. With labels like LV or Gucci (no offense to anyone who loves these lines) it's harder to pull off a head-to-toe look -- usually one item is enough.

I agree.

I think someone could wear head to toe H, esp if they weren't the 'obvious' H symbols.

I'm sorry, but I do see ladies walking around with their Birkins held chest high and 'undone' waving their 'Hermes - made in France' in front of them like flags, never mind the H belts, quick shoes, orange H scarves and CDCs on both wrists. But still I guess it's a look :P and in France it certainly gets a 'look' :coolio:.

and quite right as a Gucci lover I do have to keep the label count down :yes:.

Last edited:
hmmm. i usually go out like this . . . .

do i need help?

1980had15.jpg

Apart from the hat (I'll lend you my deerskin cap from 2007) I think you look dynamite :P! Slightly late '80s but the era's all the rage again.

I love the Champignon scarf (I think my mother has it with a black background). I'd love it as a dress!!!! Lend it to meeeeee :P

As for the croc sac mallette, that has to be one of my HGs - I'll help you carry it :angel: right back to my house :sneaky:.