How Much Hermes Should You Wear?

rox_rocks

down under
O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
this is head-to-toe H...can you tell?

if you can pull it off with understated class and elegance, then why not?

(not me by the way, but a sweet and gorgeous lady I know) :heart:

Attachments

tillie46

O.G.
Aug 28, 2009
I think a bag, and a scarf, or a bag and maybe a cuff is enough. If you do Hermes head to toe, nothing stands out!

ms piggy

special breed
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
seton LOL!!!

Yes, you need help, with (to carry) the orange boxes!!

Dec 15, 2008
I sometimes where a purse, shawl and Kelly loafers, but that's about as over-loaded as I get.

I like that this tread has been raised from the dead zone.

Aug 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Oh, Seton. I did not know your real identity is Paulina!!! :P

Today, I had a Cape Cod w/barenia double-tour, TB shawl in Potiron, and my 31cm Raisin Clemence Bolide w/shooting star charm. IMO, if you feel comfortable in what you are wearing then there is never too much "H"! :yes:

(I love it when older threads get bumped to the top of the ladder....)

(I love when older threads get bumped up to the top....)

anez

B-& until the sales!
Dec 9, 2007
Dublin, Ireland
anez.livejournal.com
I'm a slave to my accessories. I routinely wear my leather bracelet (I'm not sure what the design is called, it's almost like a leather cuff made up of thin interwoven strips of leather in a V lattice on one side and has a buckle on the inside) and three or four enamel bracelets-- I love to wear multiple bracelets because so long as I'm not going to have to be working on a computer, I love to have lots of things jangling on my wrists. :blush:

However, aside from that, it's usually just a shawl draped cowboy style around my neck (or a scarf tied in a pretty manner during the summer) and maybe a bag, although my day-to-day bag right now is a Balenciaga City.

The thing about H is that unless they're actually another H fan or collector, most people won't have a clue how much Hermes you're wearing; unlike other brands that are much more obvious (LV, Dior, Gucci, etc.) in terms of logo, I think you can get away with lots of small H items without looking like a walking advert for the company.

Lyanna Stark

Out of Control
O.G.
Dec 24, 2006
I think it's great that most of our H items do not have logos. I wear bracelets, a necklace, bag, belt. I normally have a scarf and shawl inside the bag ready to be deployed if I get cold. Only the belt and bag are recognizable as Hermes by normal people.

rox_rocks, your friend looks damn good. Nope, I can't tell she's wearing H except the boots, and that's only because I know what the boots look like.

lily25

Hermèsistible
O.G.
Sep 5, 2007
As most said, H is understated and if you step out like that:

probably no one would notice H threw up on you.

pluiee

O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
i agree that if there are no obvious logos you can probably get away with head to toe H.. ^the lady above looks gorgeous, i love her jacket!

this hasn't really been addressed but personally, i would never put more than 1 type of accessory on my bag (ie 2 key charms would be my own limit) i think it takes away from the bag to have 5-6 things (ie twilly, key charms, breloque charms, ....) adorning it all at once..