How much general people think for a reasonable price to pay for a bag?

Personally, I'm not going to have hundreds of dollars to spend on a single bag for a long time... For now, I just try to find those expensive bags in my price range, and it works! I've gotten a Gucci for $40, a Burberry for $45 and recently added 4 Goldenbleu bags to my tiny collection for a total of about $200!

From what I have read your guys comment. I couldn't believe the price is as low as $40-$50 but I think it may be the truth.

I'm going out shopping today and I will see on the road what the others carry (lol).

For non-tFP people, I'd guess $300 would be the max. For me personally, I don't like paying more than $600 for a bag b/c I know that I tend to use most bags only for a couple of years.

For non purse addicts, I'd say max is around $100 and average is about $50 (I'm not referring to the top 5% of the population income-wise either, those poeple are not 'average'). Think about all the people who would have a 'heart attack' if the knew how much some of our purses cost... I know many individuals from various walks of life who don't understand why they should spend any more than $50 or $60 on a purse, when the same amount buys them a leather bag at Macy's.

I spend as little as possible no matter what bag I buy!! I got my $1700 Chloe for free using gift cards from my credit card!! When I used to buy Coach, I'd wait until it went to the outlet or buy them on the military base for 20% off with no tax or get them during PCE.

Sometimes I think people think am so crzy to pay too much for a bag. I felt like bag price increase like crazy during the last few years and for a while I get used to it.

I felt that mid-range bags are also increase their price too and it's not cheap at all.

How much you think is a reasonable price to pay for a bag for general people? not the purse-addicted?

Thanks!

It is absolutely a personal thing. I could afford to spend a lot more than I do but once the price goes up over $1000, it make me too nervous to carry the bag. ....Too worried about spilling on it, scuffing it, etc etc. Given my nervous nature I usually stay $600 or under (except for the Mulberry Bayswater I just bought:shrugs: I couldn't help myself).

I think for normal non purse addicted people on a normal type of income and budget I would expect that maybe 200-300 would be high end of what they would likely want to spend.

I gauge this by my sister who I would put in this category - she views a big splurge as a Coach or D&B bag once every year or two.

For me before my addiction, I would only spend $150-$300 on bags, nothing fancy at all. Then I got my first designer bag which cost me about $1,500...one of my most recent purchases cost me $5,000...I would say that i'm comfortable spending about $1,500-$2,000 on a bag...and if I really love it then more!

It all depends on the person addiction, debts, job.. but most of people would pay 50$ some will pay not passin the 200$, my mom buy in the 50s and one hundred and sometimes more if she could but she is no addicted to bags and to say ill save for it, or like my friends they think im crazy and weird yess weird! because ive buy expensive buy or dat im savin for it like right now.
Ive always likedesigners even bfore joining tpf but this helps me keep up since here i dont see those stores. but my average when in HS was in the 70s and then went to 180s then to 400$ and now 1k :sad: sadly im addicted!
but i still like the 70s bag too, i buy those meanwhile i get to the 1k, right now i want a coach and if i spot a nice dooney or cheaper ill buy it 2.
but thats y i keep my theory if it fits right and if its nice .. buy it!!!

Personally, I'm not going to have hundreds of dollars to spend on a single bag for a long time... For now, I just try to find those expensive bags in my price range, and it works! I've gotten a Gucci for $40, a Burberry for $45 and recently added 4 Goldenbleu bags to my tiny collection for a total of about $200!
Yea sometimes you can score pretty purses and considered xpensive bags. I love when that happns. but sometimes sadly it doesnt:cursing:.

Whatever people can afford, whatever they're willing to spend on a bag (which may mean not much, but then buy $500 shoes)....and whatever is important to them.
I think it's an amorphous question. ;)