How much extra $$$ for silver hardware?

Jenny Cadine

Semi-banned
Sep 24, 2007
Decisions, decisions! I've been using my gray Nikki so much I'm afraid she'll get old before her time. I'm on the lookout for a brown Nikki and there are a few deals out there on ebay & elsewhere. The shade of brown doesn't matter really, but I really want a Nikki with old-style silver hardware. The problem is I think I can get a gold hardware one for about $200 less! Is it worth it?:confused1:

i don't think so! I think the gold hardware would compliment the brown better anyhow, and for $200 cheaper, the silver hardware wouldn't matter... you could put $200 towards another nikki if it showed up on ebay or something...

You're right, Desi, it's not like I can even see the hardware while I'm using it. A hazelnut Nikki would be nice but for some reason the old hardware just looks better on the Nikki IMO.

^^ Chinkee:Old hardware: Gold brass or silver lobster clasp HW with long leather tassels zipper pulls --> New harware: lighter brighter gold RM engraved HW w/ tassel-free zipper pulls. There are a few HW threads withing the last couple of months, should be able to get some picture comparisons. HTH!