How much extra $$$ for silver hardware?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Decisions, decisions! I've been using my gray Nikki so much I'm afraid she'll get old before her time. I'm on the lookout for a brown Nikki and there are a few deals out there on ebay & elsewhere. The shade of brown doesn't matter really, but I really want a Nikki with old-style silver hardware. The problem is I think I can get a gold hardware one for about $200 less! Is it worth it?:confused1:

2. i don't think so! I think the gold hardware would compliment the brown better anyhow, and for $200 cheaper, the silver hardware wouldn't matter... you could put $200 towards another nikki if it showed up on ebay or something...

3. You're right, Desi, it's not like I can even see the hardware while I'm using it. A hazelnut Nikki would be nice but for some reason the old hardware just looks better on the Nikki IMO.

4. ^yea i agree too, but if it was like $50-$100 bucks more, than maybe..but for $200, thats like halfway to another RM...KWIM?

5. IMO, the brown leather looks FAB with gold hardware!

6. ^^ ITA!!:tup:

I just wish I knew what everyone is talking about when they say old and new hardware. Hehe :shame:

7. ^^ Chinkee:Old hardware: Gold brass or silver lobster clasp HW with long leather tassels zipper pulls --> New harware: lighter brighter gold RM engraved HW w/ tassel-free zipper pulls. There are a few HW threads withing the last couple of months, should be able to get some picture comparisons. HTH!

8. Now with the talk of ordering wine NIkkis from Label 360 I really don't know what to do! Order a wine with new hardware???

9. depends on which you want more--old silver hardware reguardless of color, or a wine nikki reguardless of hardware!

10. decisions, decisions! i'm actually a fan of the old harware. and i think the chocolate nikkit is tdf!