How much effort would you put into getting LV with MIF tag?

woodscape6

Jan 16, 2013
I am relatively new to LV. I have browsed at the store and had been originally looking at less "popular" styles and they were all MIF. Now I am thinking of the speedy B and I see that a MIF is hard to find. Would that influence your
bag choice? Just curious. Also, do you think that buying preloved is harder to authenticate now?

I am going through this right now. I have called every boutique within driving distance. I have even called boutiques in other states for a charge send. No success, all of my bags are MIF & I am in NY/PA.

I actually don't mind. If there's a bag you like that's made in Spain/USA and those are the only ones, will you not buy it?
I understand people wanna associate LV with France but that's not to say the ones from France are flawless either. So I'd get any bag I like from anywhere LV is made as long as the quality isn't lacking.

I'd prefer to not have the tag. But that hasn't stopped me from getting it. My vernis pochette and Favorite are MIF. My vernis cles and Sarah wallet are MIS. My Tivoli GM is MIUSA. If I had to choose between the MIF and a tag bag, I would choose MIF. But I haven't gone out of my way to find them.

When the bags with the tags first came out I was so against purchasing one BUT now I'm totally over it! To me LV is LV of course everyone would love to have all their bags made in France but I wouldn't choose a style based on the "made in"

I live in the UK and we don't ever get MiUSA bags so the cloth tag bags aren't an issue for me. I'd say about half my pieces are made in France and half in Spain, perhaps slightly more of my small goods are Spanish made. It doesn't bother me, I actually like that I have some from France and some from Spain. In fact I think next time I visit the States I will buy a small item just so that I can add a MiUSA piece to my collection!

I actually don't mind. If there's a bag you like that's made in Spain/USA and those are the only ones, will you not buy it?
I understand people wanna associate LV with France but that's not to say the ones from France are flawless either. So I'd get any bag I like from anywhere LV is made as long as the quality isn't lacking.

Agree!