How much does your wallet weigh?

hokka

O.G.
Mar 8, 2008
I am asking because I noticed today that my bag felt awfully heavy.. and then I realized it was my newish-wallet+contents which added nearly a pound (14 ounces!!) to the weight.

It contains nothing strange: a few bills, some receipts, a handful (less than 10) credit cards, a few each of quarters, dimes, and pennies.

14 ounces!!!! This can't be good for my shoulders, right?

(caveat: I have a newish kitchen scale which I am apparently having too much fun with)

i don't know the exact number but mine weights a ton! i always try to empty it! whenever my shoulder hurts from my bag i check my coins and i always end up emptying it....

Mine isn't too bad. I haven't been using a wallet that fits a checkbook, so that took some of the bulk out (I only write three checks a month, so why carry it around?). I also clean it out regularly, and make sure that I don't lug a bunch of change with me. I keep a small amount to get by, and make sure to regularly put the rest in my piggy bank.

I buy handbags to accomodate my wallet because my wallet is huge and heavy. I can't even close the zipper that goes around it. But, I swear, I need every thing that's in it.

Mine isn't that heavy at all. I have some dollar bills and no more than 8 cards. I make it a point to not carry any change in it. It really adds to the weight. But I do have a Coach mini skinny (coin purse) to my keys, that is where I carry my change, plus some hair ties and bobby pins for emergency uses. That can get really heavy. Maybe it's the coins that is making your wallet heavy? :shrugs:

okay, i tried out the handy scale again after emptying some of the coins, and i got the weight down to 11 ounces. but then i weighed the wallet, empty: 8.5 ounces. my old wallet: 4 ounces.

maybe bag descriptions should include weight!

A lot! Well, actually, I alternate between two - one is insanely light and the other I LOVE but just find really heavy. It helps that I'm obsessing over bags that are really lightweight now, so I don't notice the combined weight as much!

As much as I love Marc Jacobs, his bags (and wallets) are super heavy!

I am asking because I noticed today that my bag felt awfully heavy.. and then I realized it was my newish-wallet+contents which added nearly a pound (14 ounces!!) to the weight.

It contains nothing strange: a few bills, some receipts, a handful (less than 10) credit cards, a few each of quarters, dimes, and pennies.

14 ounces!!!! This can't be good for my shoulders, right?

(caveat: I have a newish kitchen scale which I am apparently having too much fun with)

I've noticed that my wallet weighs a lot too and that's why I no longer carry it. I only carry my ID, my CC and some extra cash in case I need cash.

My wallet used to be heavy...then I bought a coin purse. For a wallet, 14oz is heavy ... but if that's all you're carrying then I wouldn't be too concern about it. I think the rule of thumb is that the total weight of your bag shouldn't exceed 10% of you body weight.