How much does it cost to have all the leather parts replaced for a Speedy 25/30?

Hi.., thanks for all your input here..! However, I needed a definite answer :P so I just called my local LV boutique and they told me that the cost to change all the leather parts for speedy 25/30 would be around $355. So, yea, I do agree with you guys that it might be more worth it to get a new piece unless for LE and discontinued pieces... :P

Just curious... :P By getting all the leather parts replaced, does it affect the quality of the bag or the canvas? As they are going to kinda rip open and disassemble all the leather parts and previously the leather was stitched onto the canvas, so there will of course be stitch marks, so by re-sewing the leather on, does it do any harm to the canvas, such as creating double stitch marks or enlarging the original stitch marks..? :blush: I have no idea how the actual process is, I just kinda imagine all this... :shame: Sorry if that's not how LV do it... Will be glad if anyone care to enlighten me on this. Thanks... :P

Is is just me - or is there a reason everyone wants to do the piping on a speedy too? I hope my bag won't look bad. Just seems so silly to add $200.00 in cost to replace the piping. I will will post pictures of my bag with the new handles, chads and pull tie when it comes. I hope it looks good. If it does, it will be well worth the $145.00.

I agree $355.00 is too much. - although if your bag is pristine and you don't want to go through the trouble of trying to sell an old one - it's still $200.00 cheaper than buying a new one.

charleston-mom said:
Is is just me - or is there a reason everyone wants to do the piping on a speedy too? I hope my bag won't look bad. Just seems so silly to add $200.00 in cost to replace the piping. I will will post pictures of my bag with the new handles, chads and pull tie when it comes. I hope it looks good. If it does, it will be well worth the $145.00.
I'm sure your bag will look great..!:yes: Would love to see pix after its new facelift too... ;)

Well, I think most people think that it's better to have all the leather replaced one shot to avoid the difference of color between the new and old leather. But since yours seem not that obvious at all, it's not neccessary... ;)