How much do you tip your groomer?

1. What is the standard etiquette for tipping a groomer? I always feel kind of akward not knowing what I should be tipping...?

2. My dog groomer works in her own home so I don't leave her a tip. (I've noticed this is the protocol with her other clients too.) But for the holidays I give her a check for $100.

For my cat groomer, who works in a salon, the usual bill is about $65 and I guess I leave about 10%. I don't know if this right or not so I am interested in other's opinions. She does an okay job, but is difficult to deal with --- really has a small, surly personality.

3. We tip 15%. Our groomer does a wonderful job, and does not own the salon. I don't think a lot of people tip, judging by the reaction we got the first time we did!

4. My min pin's groomer total is always $15 and I give her $20 - granted there isn't much to do to a min pin, but she always comes out looking lovely and smelling great - never a cut quick on the nail, always clean ears and teeth. And they always know who I am when I call for an appt and squeeze me in that day - I love my groomers!!!

5. with my old groomer in Toronto, I usually tipped 10%. She was a friend and owned the place so I never paid tax. With Hong Kong..never. It's just not done here.

6. I usually tip 15% and during the Holidays we give her a gift card or extra money in a card.

7. My current dog groomer do housecalls and the price is around 100,000 rupiahs (around $12, cheap I know). I usually tip him and his assistant each of 10,000 rupiahs (10%). This is when it's only a quick groom. If it's a full groom (150,000 rupiahs), I usually tip double since my dog's hair is long and thick, and I know for a fact that he's difficult to deal with (always yapping, screaming for mommy and all that.. yea, he's a SPOILED dog and I'm to blame, LOL!).

With my cats, I dont use groomer. I bathed them myself in the bathroom. Easy, just a grab a shower and spray them all. They're gonna be running and screaming around the bathroom, but they're easy to chase.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice