How much do you spend a month?

Lyekka

Dreamer
Jul 17, 2012
So my question is how much, each month, do you spend on polish?

I've recently been keeping our household accounts and noticed that this month alone I've spend just under 200 Great British Pounds. I scared myself! I'm terrified to go back and see how much I've spent before.

:faint::faint:

Lately I'm thinking about $500 per month since March anyways and I think my estimate is pretty conservative - I'm probably way over that amount. I've been scaring myself a bit with that insane amount and now trying to reel in my np spending especially with indies which is what most of my money is going to now.

Lately I'm thinking about $500 per month since March anyways and I think my estimate is pretty conservative - I'm probably way over that amount. I've been scaring myself a bit with that insane amount and now trying to reel in my np spending especially with indies which is what most of my money is going to now.

Same here with these indie sellers and restocks. So now i'm trying to limit myself i have been spending way too much

Exactly. I try to only get those that happen to be HTF/retired. So I draw the line at £41 for one polish however discontinued it is. For me, its also the shipping - I need at least a few to purchase bc I saw that whenever I buy less, I end up paying for one polish shipping charge which is basically the bottle price! LOL

Thats my defense of getting an army of hauls!!:roflmfao:

I try to keep it under $100. I usually have a couple big purchases and then will usually put myself on a ban.

That's a good idea.

My Husband reckons I should limit myself to about £100 a month as well. Though remember over in the UK things are much more expensive.

I don't know how many times I've said "That's it, I'm limiting myself to the new Chanels and Lippmanns." Husband reckons too many times hehe.

I don't even wanna think about it BUT to my defense. I'm on a purse/bag ban this year. (well, I broke it and got one) but its still so much more less expensive than getting another high end bag. 2012 will be my nail polish year and then I'll move on to something else next year.

That's a good idea.

My Husband reckons I should limit myself to about £100 a month as well. Though remember over in the UK things are much more expensive.

I don't know how many times I've said "That's it, I'm limiting myself to the new Chanels and Lippmanns." Husband reckons too many times hehe.

That is another way I keep myself on a ban. I try not to buy new brands. I'm trying only to buy the following brands.

*Zoya
*Dior
*Elevation Polish
*Jade Polish
*AEngland
*Rainbow Honey
*China Glaze

Exactly. I try to only get those that happen to be HTF/retired. So I draw the line at £41 for one polish however discontinued it is. For me, its also the shipping - I need at least a few to purchase bc I saw that whenever I buy less, I end up paying for one polish shipping charge which is basically the bottle price! LOL

Thats my defense of getting an army of hauls!!:roflmfao:

So I guess no Nerds? Since all of them are selling around $100 each...lol...

That's the same with me living in Canada. It's difficult to pay for high shipping for only one polish.

Well, I just calculated how much I spend on polish in July, and I came up with $132. That doesn't include sales tax on polishes I bought in store, but does include on my online orders. This also doesn't include the Hares I got this month as though I received them in July, I paid for them in June.

For me, $132 is a lot of money. I'm a student, I work part time, and I make about $1000 a month. So between rent, car/gas, clothing, food, retirement fund, and nail polish... I really don't have much money left! I need to curb my spending -- I'm going on a ban for all of August, and in September, depending on funds, I'll be limiting myself to $50 for the month. We'll see how that goes...

I don't even want to know. I say between makeup and nail polish I'm probably around $300 a month. I'm sure I've gone over it. I really need to slow down! I've been swapping a lot so that has helped bring it down from what it used to be.

I have spent a lot over the last few months and I have to slow down, not just for money reasons, but because I'm a bit overwhelmed by my collection. I have too many choices now (for me) and I'd like to use up more of the polishes before I buy a lot more polish.

I'm thinking about limiting myself to just certain brands. Then, I might be able to keep myself under control.

Mediana said:
I don't even wanna think about it BUT to my defense. I'm on a purse/bag ban this year. (well, I broke it and got one) but its still so much more less expensive than getting another high end bag. 2012 will be my nail polish year and then I'll move on to something else next year.

This is what I'm doing too! I bought 5 coach purses in 12 months so my hubby put me on a bag ban.. So I switched to polish!!!

I have spent a lot over the last few months and I have to slow down, not just for money reasons, but because I'm a bit overwhelmed by my collection. I have too many choices now (for me) and I'd like to use up more of the polishes before I buy a lot more polish.

I'm thinking about limiting myself to just certain brands. Then, I might be able to keep myself under control.

:goodpost: I'm up to two Helmers full and the number of choices overwelmes me too. I can't wear all of them if I just keep buying more. It seems dumb to keep buying polishes and just stuffing them all in a drawer. I'm not into expensive bags or shoes so polish is where all my disposable income goes.