Tech how much do you pay montly for your phone?

Boost uses Sprint. I paid full price for my phone at Radio Shack, however, I have seen the phone on sale on the Boost website, Radio Shack & Best Buy. Also, either QVC or HSN frequently put it on special with non interest payments.

Thank you! I see some smart phones for under $200 which isn't bad. I just can't believe a person can only pay $50 for unlimited data/talk/text when most plans are twice that. I'm looking for the catch. :shocked:

Cricket -- unlimited talk, text, internet + free music downloads = $65/month
You can get the same plan w/o the music for $55, but $10 for unlimited music downloads (and it's all current music), is worth it to me. I don't download music from iTunes cuz I just don't listen to it enough, so having the music on my phone is perfect for me.
(I have a Sumsung Vitality -- great camera, lots of space w/an SD card for addtl' storage)

For the people with prepaid plans (Boost, T-Mobile) how's the service? Also, for those plans to be so cheap, you probably had to pay full price for the phone, right? I need a new phone but am unsure if I should leave Sprint and switch to T-mobile or just stay.
service is fine for me -- no dropped calls, and the internet service is as good as Verizon's 3G service on the iPad2 (sometimes it was even faster). I did have to pay full price for my phone (Samsung Vitality), but since it's not a new, top of the line phone, it wasn't too bad -- $149. Apparently, they'll be getting new phones this summer, so I may upgrade

(you can always get a phone for less $$ if you want to start a new service plan -- I didn't want to give up my established phone #, which is why I had to pay full price for my phone)

service is fine for me -- no dropped calls, and the internet service is as good as Verizon's 3G service on the iPad2 (sometimes it was even faster). I did have to pay full price for my phone (Samsung Vitality), but since it's not a new, top of the line phone, it wasn't too bad -- $149. Apparently, they'll be getting new phones this summer, so I may upgrade

(you can always get a phone for less $$ if you want to start a new service plan -- I didn't want to give up my established phone #, which is why I had to pay full price for my phone)

Thank you. I am sticking with Sprint after a LOT of deliberation. *sigh* I am very forgetful and I can see myself forgetting to top up my no contract plan phone every month and then losing the number I've had for 10+ years. The sales rep at Best Buy also suggested against switching from Sprint to T-mobile since Sprint is unlimited data and T-mobile drops the speed once you hit a certain amount of data usage. Now, I have no idea how much data I use or even if I use a lot but I can't be worried about it, so I'm sticking with sprint.

They also FINALLY have a phone that will work on the GSM system so I went with the Evo Design. It got mostly high ratings (4/5 stars) so we'll see!

BelleDuJour said:
Which text app and how does that work? Also, when you say you're using wifi, are you using through t-mobile or through whatever wifi is in the area?

The app is called TextFree. Its available for android and iPhone. Once you install the app, you sign up for free with your email and they will assign you a telephone number. Your friends can text you through that number for free. There's also a free calling feature for that app which is only available for iPhone only. You can only use this app if you have internet/wifi. Otherwise you cannot send/receive texts without it. And I use whatever wifi is available in the area.

I get a government discount so my monthly bill for my iPhone 4s is $75.00 which includes 450 daytime unlimited nights & weekends, unlimited data (grandfathered in) and unlimited texts.

I'm on pay as you go currently so I do the $100 top up usually twice a year and that does me.
I just got a Nexus though and have been using wifi so far and was originally told if I used data it would be charged on a per use basis at .10/mb. Then when I was in a bind and needed the data I couldn't get it to work. Called and was told I couldn't use any data unless I pay $50+ a month for a smartphone plan grrrr :sad:
I wish they made cheaper plans for people who don't use their phones a ton. I have it as basically something to use in an emergency and to text with once in awhile. The day I needed data was to google map something ugh! At least with my old phone I could still use internet and it was charged at .05 per page view, and now I can't use it at all unless I find a wifi connection. I don't need a big fancy plan because I hate talking on the phone!

wanted_cordova said:
Family has been on Straight talk using jailbroken iphone 4 for each of us for almost a year. Unlimited everything for 45.00 a month. Bye bye at&t and all of your fees/taxes/garbage!

How did you do this? I have ST and would love an iPhone. You can PM me.

[Originally Posted by wanted_cordova Family has been on Straight talk using jailbroken iphone 4 for each of us for almost a year. Unlimited everything for 45.00 a month. Bye bye at&t and all of your fees/taxes/garbage!]

[How did you do this? I have ST and would love an iPhone. You can PM me].

I'm also interested. Please let me in on the details. Thank you