How much do you know about your "designer" bag?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. During one of my recent trips to TJ Maxx/Marshall's, I came across a cute Kate Spade bag. I instantly fell in love with it, but the price threw me off a little. The store price was $150 with the "compare price" of $295. As cute as this bag was, it didn't look like a $295 bag or even a $150 bag. I kept thinking it was more like a store brand.

Well, I used my Red Laser app, scanned the Kate Spade tag and the info came back as Fifth & Pacific Companies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_%26_Pacific_Companies

I found it interesting to learn a little about my "designer" bag.

2. #2 Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    You might find this article interesting...

from Forbes: Kate Spade Is A Brand Ready To Boom Around The World

or these, about Kate Spade New York's Creative Director, Deborah Lloyd...

from The Coveteur: Deborah Lloyd, President; Creative Director, Kate Spade New York. New York
    from The Huffington Post: A Conversation With Kate Spade's Deborah Lloyd

Of course... here's Kate Spade on tpf: Kate Spade (but I see that you've already visited ;))

3. I have an older Kate Spade bag that I love, but the newer ones don't look 'designer' to me.

Might be psychological in my case - everything I ever bought by Liz Claiborne fell apart quickly - a jacket where a snap fell off the first time I wore it, a bag where the logo plate fell off on the way home and another bag where the zipper broke after a couple of weeks.

As soon as I heard that KS was owned by LC I stopped liking the KS brand!